When He shall come with trumpet sound, oh may I then in Him be found, dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless stand before the throne.
I sang those words last night from Hillsong’s, “Cornerstone” and they hit me like a ton of bricks. I have never thought about what I would be wearing when I stand before the throne of God until last night.
It’s kind of a big deal. I want to look my best for God. The pajama pants and one of Josh’s old t-shirts that I’m wearing right now certainly would not do. In fact, I’m pretty sure nothing in my closet would do, not even my beautiful wedding dress (if I were able to get back into it) would be good enough for this momentous occasion.
Isaiah 64:6 says But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
No matter what I’m dressed in, if I show up in my own righteousness I’m going to look awful, unclean and filthy. In my own righteousness I’d never make it past the throne. Thank God for Isaiah 61:10 He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness.
The filthy rags I used to wear are long gone. All God will see when He lays eyes on me are the clothes that Jesus gave me from His own closet. He’s covered me with His garments of salvation and His robe of righteousness and because of that I will enter into heaven’s gates where I will spend eternity worshipping God. I’ll get to meet my son Felix because of the clothes that Jesus gave me! My husband and children will get to worship with me because Jesus has clothed them in the same outfits! Amazing!
It doesn’t matter what else is happening in your world today, the fact that you will be able to stand faultless before God because of the righteousness of Jesus is enough to turn any bad day into a good one!
Christ wove a perfect garment of righteousness for 33 years and then gave it away to those who trust Him alone to save them. – John Bunyan
I’m so grateful I don’t have to worry about what to wear on the most wonderful day of my life, Jesus is my Lord, so I’m already wearing it and never plan on taking it off!
- Cornerstone. My new favorite song.
- My anchor holds within the veil!
- Through the storm, He is Lord, Lord of all!
- Weak made strong in the Saviour’s love!
- Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless I’ll stand before the throne!
- Eternity in heaven.
- Had a great Bible time with Gus this morning. Me and Beau put a bunch of filthy rags on him and then I got to teach him about the clothes that Jesus gave him to wear when He meets God someday.
- Saw the first Minnie Mouse bow my mom is making for Beau’s party… it’s going to be so cute!
- My mom and dad found a Minnie hopscotch for the party.
- Beau told me she loved me without me telling her I loved her first.
- Helped Gus make the idea he had for a book into a real book. “The Messy Morning” by Gus Blount. He’s a good little writer.
- Got my hair clean and dry and straightened before Josh got home from work.
- I have two very sweet, very pretty, very healthy kids that go bonkers every night after dinner.
- Josh cleaned up my messy kitchen after dinner.
- Good dish for dinner!
- The way this roller skating baby video makes Gus laugh!
- I finally beat the boys at Disney Scene It.
- Beau asked for me by name for story time tonight.
- Nana’s “Papa Patch” song. Beau enjoyed it tonight before bed.
- Gus promised me tonight he would never get a real tattoo.
- After I put Beau down for bed I could hear her singing as loud as she could “Happy Birthday To You!”
- Found a message I’ve been looking for for several months now! Can’t wait to listen to it again.
- Great news from a 10kreasons friend! Children are a gift from the Lord!
- The text Josh’s mom sent him today.
- Spending time with my favorite… JRB!
- Found a white wood bed rail for Beau that is not on backorder until April!
- After a very busy weekend I really enjoyed not leaving the house all day.