The first time I saw my husband I was fifteen years old. He was walking through the halls of our church with a very serious frowny face which I happened to think was adorable. He was much older than me, but I decided to go ahead and pursue him. I had a few friends that knew him and I asked them to fill me in on this guy. What kind of music does he like, what kind of music does he not like, what does he like to do for fun, does he have a girlfriend, where does he hang out after church, can you invite me if you ever get invited somewhere that he will be? All of my questions paid off. My friend Austin got me my first official introduction to the future father of my children. We immediately became great friends and I so enjoyed pursuing him through our relationship. I learned that he liked some really cool bands that I had never heard of like U2, Travis, and Oasis. I learned that he loved going to the movies and loved popcorn even more. I learned that he loved and respected his mom and dad. I learned that he had one of the best families in the world. I learned that he loved good food. I learned that he had a really great sense of humor. I learned that he was a good gift giver. I learned that his smile was just as cute as his frown. I learned that he was a good kisser. The more I learned about him the more I loved him so when he asked me to marry him nearly 10 years ago, it was an easy “yes” for me.
I was reminded of my pursuit of Josh when I read this verse this morning.
Deuteronomy 4:29 (AMP) But if from there you will seek (inquire for and require as necessity) the Lord your God, you will find Him if you [truly] seek Him with all your heart [and mind] and soul and life.
God wants us to pursue Him. He wants us to seek Him, to truly seek Him with all of our heart and He promises that if we do, we’ll find Him. God is not into playing hard to get. He wants to be found! The more you seek Him, the more He reveals Himself and the more He reveals Himself, the more you will fall in love with Him.
You know those people who can’t shut up about God? The ones that are absolutely and totally head over heels in love with Him? Do you ever wonder how they got that way? Do you ever wonder how you can get that way?
It’s all about your pursuit. If you are passionately pursuing Him, the head over heels part will come naturally.
I know there are lots of people who have started pursuing someone only to find out that they have a really annoying laugh, crazy mood swings, or their mother is a handful, and the pursuit ends. When you pursue God, you will never be disappointed. You won’t be able to find anything about Him that turns you off. So don’t be afraid to go all in with God, no holds bar seek Him! He’s easy to find and even easier to love.
- Pursuit by Kim Walker.
- The More I Seek you by Kari Jobe.
- When we seek God we find Him!
- The more we find Him the more we love Him!
- The many memories I have of pursuing Josh.
- I loved everything I found out about Josh.
- 175 days of thankfulness! 4,870 reasons found!
- Awesome service with the five year olds at church.
- Got to pray for healing for a few kids who have been struggling with chronic illness.
- There is power in the name of Jesus!
- A lady I see every week at church when she drops off her twins realized that I write the blog she’s been reading. It was a sweet moment.
- Beau told her teachers at church when she needed to potty!
- A little boy from my class at church came and sat right by me on the shuttle.
- Fun afternoon playing some Donkey Kong Country with my little buddy.
- Josh and I got to go to church together tonight!
- Night of worship was wonderful!!!
- Gateway Frisco was packed out and ready to worship their hearts out.
- The volunteers who provided child care.
- Had a really cool vision of Jesus wafting our praise toward Him. Enjoying every moment.
- God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! The reward we get when we seek HIM is HIM – Pastor Jelani.
- I LOVE my church. AMAZING what God has done in a little under 3 years.
- Josh hurried home and helped me put my exhausted kids to bed.
- Cereal for dinner night.
- Nice hot shower.
- Early to bed movie night.
- My throat is sore from all the singing!
- My heart is SO full. I have so much I want to write about and study. Going to be a great week!