Day 364!! I can’t believe tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of 10kreasons. The project I started 364 days ago will be complete by this time tomorrow evening.
I’ve had several people ask me over the last few days, “what’s next?” So for those of you who are wondering…
2 months into the start of this blog the Lord spoke to me about turning it into a book. He showed it to me in hospital gift shops, in church bookstores, in regular bookstores, on Kindle and in the hands of hurting moms all over the world. It was exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I know nothing about turning a blog into a book or how to go about getting a book published and printed, but I know God wants me to do those things, so I’m going to find out how. I have done a little research and talked to a few people, but I’ve been waiting until the blog was complete to really dive in and now the time has come. I’m finishing up one project and getting ready to start the next.
Psalm 145:6 (MSG) Your marvelous doings are headline news; I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
I know there are more people who need to hear about His marvelous doings and the details of His greatness, so be praying for me as I launch into the book phase of 10kreasons.
In September, I will be sharing my story with the ladies of Tascosa Road Fellowship in Amarillo. My father-in-law told me the Pastor there would like to have me come and speak and I told him I would have to pray about it. I feel way more comfortable behind my computer screen than I do up speaking in front of a group of strangers, so God was really going to have to give me a loud and clear “Yes, I want you to do it!” before I said, “Yes, I’ll do it!” When I asked Him about it, He reminded me of the word He gave me at the beginning of this year;
Psalm 81:10 …Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.
I wrote all about it on Day 146. “I am entering 2013 with a wide open mouth. I’m saying to the Lord, I trust you and your plans for my life. I won’t miss out on the good things you have for me and my family because I don’t want to get uncomfortable. I know you would never do anything just to mess with me. I want what you want. I know that if I open wide you will fill my life with blessing. I believe 2013 is wide open, if I’ll agree to open wide.”
I meant what I wrote and what I prayed that day, so be praying for me as I launch into the speaking phase of 10kreasons.
In December, we will welcome our little girl Sunny Joone into the world and that’s where most of my focus is getting ready to shift to. I’ve got a nursery to decorate, baby clothes to sort through, nesting to do and naps to take! I’m so thankful that that sweet little girl is part of the answer to the question, “what’s next?”
So, I’ve got the book, the speaking, and the baby on the way, but I will continue to write and post to 10kreasons. I’m not sure how often, but as often as I can, because I absolutely love being able to share the things that God is showing me through writing. I’ll also continue to list, not publicly and not until I reach a certain number, but in my journal every night before bed.
I will have found 10,000 reasons upon the completion of my last post tomorrow, but that doesn’t mean I won’t keep looking for more. It’s like the last verse to the song that started this journey says,
“Still my soul will sing your praise unending. Ten thousand years and then forevermore.”
I will spend the rest of my life on earth and then my eternity praising His holy name.
- The book phase!
- The speaking phase!
- 19 weeks to prepare for Sunny!
- I have all of eternity left to praise my awesome God!
- 10kreasons blog project is ending, but my love for writing is not.
- The word God gave me at the beginning of the year. Just what I needed to help me get out of my comfort zone and say yes to a great opportunity to share my testimony.
- Gus woke up upset at 2:00 a.m. after a bad dream and Josh went to check on him and slept in his little twin bed with him the rest of the night.
- Great morning at church with a happy group of 4 year olds and the sweet girls I get to work with!
- Teaching the kids such a powerful truth – The Lord is our helper! Heb 13:6
- Mrs. Tammy brought Beau a Mickey & Minnie Mouse purse full of some of her daughters old dress up things. Beau was so excited and spent the whole afternoon in her flower headbands, bracelets, and rings.
- My big sister Mindy is celebrating her birthday today!!
- Mindy is one of the most selfless people I know. She would do anything for anyone. Her husband and 3 girls are so blessed to have her.
- Mindy is an awesome photographer! She is good at making people look good!
- Football was on tonight… just preseason, but that means that fall is approaching quickly.
- Pastor Adana is celebrating her birthday today. Love her heart for women and the way she is able to balance being in full time ministry, raising her 3 boys, and loving her husband.
- The good watermelon and pineapple I cut up this morning.
- Josh home in time for dinner, bath and bed time!
- Beau ended her prayer tonight, “and… happily ever after! amen!”
- My family was satisfied with frozen pizza for dinner tonight.
- The Next Food Network Star with Josh… he loves me more than football.
- When I get Josh to laugh out loud.
- Every night I put the big kids down for bed and then Sunny decides to wake up and play for a bit. So sweet!
- Had a good visit with my mom and dad over the weekend. Happy they took time to come see us before they headed to San Antonio for vacation.
- Beau has Josh wrapped around her chubby little finger.
- I had to wake Beau up after she had been asleep for two hours and give her some tylenol. She took it all in and then went right back to sleep!
- Humidifier + eucalyptus oil.
- Jesus is our healer! Thanking Him in advance for working on Beau and the little cough that’s been bothering her.