I have been attending church since I was 2 weeks old. My mom has pictures of me in a pretty white gown to prove it. So one of the very first songs I ever learned was “Jesus Loves Me.” Every child who has ever been to Sunday school knows it. It’s a classic. I read today that it has been translated into more languages than any other song in the world.
Jesus love me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones in Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so.
So simple yet so powerful. I think most of us know Jesus loves us, if you are like me then it’s all you have ever known. We know that He loves us because like the song says, the Bible tells us so. John 3:16, the most well known verse of the Bible says, for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son…
So we know it, but I’m not sure we always believe it… or maybe we believe it, but we just have no idea how MUCH He loves us. I was reading in Daniel today and I noticed two times where God had to remind Daniel that he was loved and loved greatly.
Daniel 9:23 At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision:
Daniel 10:11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you…
This is the same Daniel who God rescued from the Lion’s den in chapter six… you would think that experience alone would have set Daniel straight for the rest of His life- God loves me, I got it! But, God isn’t the kind of father who says I love you once and then never brings it up again, He wants to lavish us with I love yous.
I tell my kids I love them I don’t know how many times a day… but it’s a lot! I am constantly reminding them of my love for them. God is the same way with us. He sent Jesus to die for us one time because He loves us, but He wants you to be reminded of His love everyday, because if you know that you know that you know that Jesus really does love you then you can walk through life free from fear. Doesn’t that sound so very appealing? A life where fear does not exist. It’s possible and God wants us to get there. More on that tomorrow… but go ahead and ask Him to reveal His love to you today! And remember, the words to that song you used to sing when you were a little kid sitting criss cross apple sauce on a carpet square, they really are true.
“I know of no greater blessing that can happen to any person than to be assured by the spirit of God that they are greatly beloved of the Lord.” – Spurgeon.
- Jesus LOVES ME.
- The reminders of His love for me are all around.
- My parents started taking me to church when I was just an infant.
- Memories of carpet squares, juice in paper cups, and my mom as my Sunday school teacher.
- Eastland Assembly of God in Tulsa… my first church.
- Really good quiet time this morning.
- A husband who allows me to share and gets me to think!
- Speaking God’s word with the kids on the way to school… it never gets old.
- Gus had to make sure his sleeves were pushed up so people would notice his Jake and the Neverland Pirates tattoo.
- Sweet little smooches for me and Beau from Gus when we dropped him off at school.
- Beau loves to run errands with me… even in the rain.
- Cuddling up with Beau on the couch and watching a princess cartoon with her.
- Lots of work done today while Beau was napping.
- When no one is around and you can blast your music and worship very loudly.
- Overcast, windy, thundery… what a very spring day in January.
- Gus asked if we could pray for his friend who was coughing at school.
- Gus had an all green day!
- Beau always notices all of the pretty princess back packs the girls’ at Gus’ school have.
- Josh said staff chapel with Brady Boyd was really awesome this morning.
- Nice family dinner.
- Guess that Bible character game with Gus.
- Prayer time with Josh.
- Listened to an awesome message with Josh tonight, one we heard 6 years ago that changed our lives forever.
- Baking soda & vinegar to the rescue when Gus discovered Beau went potty on his bed right before bed time.
- Gus was pretty excited that he had to sleep in his sleeping bag.
- Sweet friend Allie got a special visit from a few movie stars including Josh Duhamel at Children’s Hospital! So happy to hear about something brightening her day.