I read Psalm 145 last week and I really loved it, but after reading and thinking on it for a day I moved on to something else. Well God brought me back to it yesterday. So I read it again and this time a few words really stood out. When I read them I had to stop and say them out loud to myself a few times, as I was doing that I heard in my spirit God say, “this is your verse for the year.”
Psalm 145:6 Men shall speak of the might of your awesome acts, And I will declare your greatness.
I will declare your greatness. That was the part God wanted me to see. That was the part He wanted me to know was for me. So I decided to pick it apart word for word and I found out that the word “declare” in the original Hebrew means “to count.”
As soon as I saw that I started to smile. Seriously, He’s so cool!! And I will COUNT your greatness.. I’ll count it all the way to 10,000 and then I’ll keep counting!
It’s really amazing when people prophecy over you or someone has a word of knowledge for you, but it’s just as amazing when God speaks to you so personally when you are reading the Bible. By the time I finish today’s list I’ll have counted 725 things that I am thankful for.
- God brought me back to Psalm 145.
- My concordance for showing me that the word declare was the same as the word count.
- God speaks to us through the Bible.
- God wants us to know He knows where we are and what we need in every season of our lives.
- Went to “meet the teacher” morning at preschool and I’m very excited about Gus’ teacher this year!
- 2 years ago Josh got up at 3:30 a.m. to wait in line at Gus’ preschool to assure him a spot in the 3 year old class!
- Picnic style breakfast this morning on the pallet left over from movie night.
- My new water bottle. I’ve had twice as much water today than I usually do. Trying to get better at that.
- Got to hold Beau for 20 minutes or so in her dark room this morning.
- The softness of Beau’s skin.
- Restful afternoon.
- Josh made the kids lunch.
- My friend Briana’s little girl is in the same class. So nice to have a friend to sit by at preschool events.
- God helps me figure out what to say when someone who doesn’t know what happened asks when I had the baby. I dreaded those situations at first, but they get easier every time.
- Disneyland tickets arrived safely in the mail today!!
- Gus and Beau are complete opposites, yet they are both so awesome!
- Gus took a nap this afternoon.
- I got to shop for school supplies today! One of my favorite things to do when I was little.
- Playing with Beau in her closet floor today.
- Josh’s day off.
- BBQ chicken and corn on the cob for dinner courtesy of Chef Josh.
- “Indescribable” by Chris Tomlin. Such awesome, vivid words.
- Filling out a little about me paper for Gus’ school and I asked him what makes him special and he said “I’m a gift from God.”
- Gus’ little slicked back hair after a bath. So very dapper.
- Josh is very hands on when it comes to picking out the kids clothes and shoes. I like an involved dad!
- Watched Forrest Gump tonight with my “best good friend.”
- Gus was fever free all day today!
- Josh and I always get in bed together. Even if he’s not tired.