About 2 months after we delivered our son Felix still born someone asked us if we thought God did it, if we thought God was responsible for the death of our son. I was totally taken aback. Really? Did this person actually think God would do something so cruel? Give us a baby and then take it away?
Well come to find out there are lots of people who think that God does things like that. I was raised up believing that God was good and only good and that Satan was the one who came to steal, kill, and destroy, so I never once blamed God for what happened nor did I thank Him for what happened because He was not responsible… I repeat, He was not responsible.
A few days after we were asked that question I was driving around listening to Christian radio and song after song had lyrics that talked about God putting trials into our life to make us stronger and grow closer to him. I turned it off and began to wonder what my Pastor thought about this. Did he think God caused or allowed bad things to happen to his children, well that night at church I got my answer.
He preached an awesome message called “The Person of Prayer” and I felt like it was just for me!
He taught me something I had never heard before out of James 1:13 it says, “Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be temptedby evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.”
The words “cannot be tempted by evil” are all one Hebrew word that literally means can not be touched by, or approached by, or even in close proximity to evil. So God can not be touched by, approached by, or even in close proximity to evil.
He is good, not evil. I knew it! I just needed a good Bible teacher to show it to me in the word like that. Pastor Robert summed up the foundation of his theology is four words that night. “God good, Satan bad.” I am not usually an amen out loud kind of a gal, but he got several out of me that night.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
God is a good father, the father of lights and Matthew 5:14 says that we are the light of the world! He is our father and He only gives good and perfect gifts. Don’t be deceived. The devil would love for you to think God is the one responsible for the bad things that happen in life. He would love to see a wedge driven in-between you and your father. He would love to see you go to your grave mad at God for something He did not do. Don’t believe that liar! Psalm 119:68 says, God is good and He does good.
- That my God can’t even be in close proximity to evil.
- My God is good and He does good.
- The “Person of Prayer” message came at just the right time for me.
- Pastor Robert is such a good teacher and makes things so easy to understand.
- Another solid night of sleep for everyone.
- Perfect Disney World weather.
- Gus & Beau got to meet Pluto this morning.
- Beau’s Minnie ears that she got from her niece Courtney.
- Low crowds at all of the parks this week.
- Our hotel room is close to all of the parks.
- Really nice CVS right across the street. So convenient.
- Walked right onto the Winnie the Pooh ride this morning.
- Gus is a thrill seeker. I love that he loves roller coasters!
- Beau got to meet her favorite princess today, Cinderella aka Yeayea.
- Gus was very sweet about having to wait in line while his sister met the princesses.
- Beau also got to meet Minnie, Daisy, Donald & Goofy this morning and was hugging, kissing, and posing with them like she’s known them all of her life.
- Really fun character lunch at The Crystal Palace with all the characters from Winnie The Pooh. Such a great experience.
- The food was actually pretty decent! And we got fruit… I was craving some fresh fruit after all of the ice cream and popcorn I’ve been eating!
- Afternoon naps and cuddling with Josh.
- Got to see the Muppet 3D show with Beau. I love going to find girly things to do with her while the boys do stuff she’s not tall enough for yet.
- Gus and Josh got to ride Star Tours together.
- The Indiana Jones stunt show. Gus was SO into it. He was fake punching for the rest of the night.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Lights. Really, really cool!
- Gus & Beau got to meet someone they both LOVE… Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
- Jake was super sweet and noticed Gus’ pirate shirt, making Gus feel pretty special.
- Disney Jr puppet show. It’s so awesome watching the kids get their minds blown.
- Josh got the kids all nice and clean for me tonight while I made my list.
- Josh has told me I’m pretty countless times over the last few days. He’s one sweet husband.