Hebrews 13:15 Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.
In 2008, a few months before we were about to have our first child we found out that our car was going to need some serious work done to it that was going to cost some serious money. It was a huge deal to us because we had been working hard and saving every penny we could so after we had our baby we could pay our $6,000 health insurance deductible in cash. When my husband Josh came in to tell me how much the car repair was going to cost I cried! I knew we were going to have to use some of the money we had saved for the deductible and that it would be really hard to get that amount back in just 3 months. To make matters worse it was Valentines Day. I just felt like my whole day had been ruined.
Josh decided the best thing to do was to offer a sacrifice of praise. He let me know he was going to be in his office praising God. So I decided to do the same thing. A few minutes into his sacrifice of praise the mechanic calls to let us know he did some research and found out that whatever was wrong with the car had been part of a factory recall and that the car manufacturer was required to fix it at NO charge to us. Josh & I both believe that when we decided to praise God even when we didn’t feel like it He decided to totally hook us up.
That seems like such a small thing looking back, but we learned a really valuable lesson that day. We learned to praise God even when we didn’t feel like it. We learned that when we praise God He comes onto the scene because He dwells inside of our praise. This whole blog came out of us offering up a sacrifice of praise as we waited to give birth to our still born baby boy in a dark hospital room. We practiced praising when small problems came against us, so we knew what to do when a big problem came against us.
Praise to God does not automatically come flowing out of your mouth. You have to make a decision to do it.
When you don’t feel like opening your mouth to offer up a sacrifice of praise think about Jesus and the sacrifice He made for you. It gets a whole lot easier to praise God when you think about the fact that He sacrificed His one and only son for you. He’s not asking you to sacrifice your child or your animal, He’s just asking you to sacrifice your feelings. Move beyond what you feel like doing and make a choice to praise God constantly and at all times.
- We were able to pay our $6,000 deductible in cash… I’d say Gus was worth every penny.
- We had much better health insurance with Beau and Felix.
- When we offer a sacrifice of praise to God He comes onto the scene.
- God sacrificed His only son for me.
- Great night of sleep.
- I heard the handle on the door to our room opening and I went to open it expecting to see Gus, but it was Beau. She was standing up in her pack and play and figured out how to reach the door. What a sweet little face to wake up to.
- Biscuits and gravy.
- It seems like we always just make the trams, monorails, and the ferry boat. Lots of favor everywhere we go.
- Mickey mouse rice crispy treat with chocolate and reese’s pieces covered ears. My new favorite Disney treat.
- Riding the Tower of Terror with Gussy. Man that little boy is fun.
- We had to wait in line for 45 minutes and Gus didn’t complain once. He even made up a Tower of Terror dance.
- Toy Story Midway Mania. I love that ride.
- Fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania.
- Found fruit at CVS for our lunch today.
- Saved about $200 by packing lunch instead of buying lunch at the park.
- Gus looks forward to resting at the hotel in the afternoon and watching the iPod Josh loaded with special shows for him.
- Power nap!
- English Toffee. A Disney trip would not be complete without a piece of that stuff.
- Chilly weather perfect for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Josh’s Disneyland sweatshirt… which is now my Disneyland sweatshirt.
- Got to meet the mouse that started it at tonight… Mickey!
- Gus & Beau both thoroughly enjoyed their hot cocoa and cookies.
- It was snowing in Florida tonight… at least it was at the Magic Kingdom.
- Josh has been so great about taking lots of pictures. I get excited and forget.
- The baby centers they have at all of the parks. Nice to have a microwave handy to heat Beau’s milk up.
- Gus was very thankful for the light up toy we let him pick out tonight for the Christmas party.
- Best conversation with Beau on the way home from the park, remembering all she got to do today.
- The whole family taking time to thank God for another awesome day together on vacation.