The other night I was tucking my four year old son Gus in and listening to him say his bed time prayers. After he thanked God for the sweet day and his sweet family he said, “Lord, I’m so glad you have the best weapons ever.”
Gus is pretty much into weapons. He owns 4 light sabers, can tell you the name of Thor’s hammer, Has 3 different Star Wars guns, and is totally impressed by Iron Man’s repulsor ray technology. So for him to tell God He has the best weapons ever is some pretty high praise! It reminded me of this verse:
2 Corinthians 10:4 We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.
We are going to have wrong thoughts and ideas that contradict the knowledge of God come against us, but we don’t have to receive them as helpless victims. We can destroy them with the weapons God has given us and be victorious.
Gus was right, God does have the best weapons ever, so tonight I am going to start my list thanking God for the different weapons He has given me.
- The Word of God (Heb 4:12)
- The blood of Jesus (Rev 12:11)
- Our testimony (Rev 12:11)
- The name of Jesus (Phil 2:8-11)
- Praise (Ps 149:6)
- Faith (Eph 6:16)
- Prayer (Ps 50:15)
- The Holy Spirit (John 14:26)
- No weapons formed against me can prosper! (Is 54:17)
- God hasn’t just given us weapons he’s give us armor (Eph 6:10-18)
- That Gus knows God’s weapons are even better than light sabers.
- Tucking that boy in and hearing him tell God how awesome He is. I know God LOVEs it!
- Had to wear a light jacket for my morning run!
- Walked in the door this morning to hear the kids and Josh upstairs singing, laughing, and praising God.
- The very sweet text my husband sent me this morning.
- The gentlemen that opened and held three doors for me so I could push my huge double stroller into the post office.
- Got to talk with my mom for a little bit.
- My niece Courtney had a great job interview today! Answer to prayer!
- Indoor play grounds.
- Gus’ friend from pre school happened to be at the play ground today. He was so excited!
- Beau teaching her dolls to say “please”
- Clean house.. feels so good!
- Josh is getting some really great training on counseling people at work this week.
- Gus’ chin. It’s the cutest chin ever.
- Josh got home from work a few minutes early and helped me finish cooking dinner.
- Got to play Wii with Gus and we created a new Mii. Craziest looking person ever. Gus named him Puppet Man.
- Checked lots of things off of my Ken Blount Ministries to do list this afternoon.
- Josh made me a cup of tea tonight. He’s so good to me.