On the morning of July 3rd my husband and I and our 2 children headed to my 20 week check up, we were all so excited to find out if we were going to have a boy or a girl. My first two pregnancies were absolutely perfect. Not one single issue with either one. No morning sickness, no sleepless nights, no heart burn, not even a swollen pinky toe. Just amazing, blessed pregnancies that we spoke into existence with God’s word. This pregnancy seemed to be going the same way, so when the doctor told us the baby’s heart was no longer beating it was totally unexpected.
I was expecting to leave that doctors appointments with a huge smile on my face, phone to my ear announcing a grandson or granddaughter to my parents. I was expecting to update my Facebook status with an ultrasound picture saying, it’s a boy or it’s a girl! I was expecting Gus to be so excited about hearing he was going to get the baby brother he had been praying for. We were expecting something so different that day.
We weren’t the only ones expecting something different. The devil was expecting us to get mad at God. The devil was expecting us to say we were done having kids. The devil was expecting us to not fight back. The devil was expecting us to stop trusting God. The devil was expecting us to lose our joy.
He did something unexpected to us and now it was time to do something unexpected to him.
Psalm 112:7, 8, 10 He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. 8 His heart is established; He will not be afraid, Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.10 The wicked will see it and be grieved; He will gnash his teeth and melt away; The desire of the wicked shall perish.
I can totally see Satan waiting to see how we were going to respond. Watching us weep uncontrollably in the car, thinking he succeeded. He had crushed our spirits. He had stopped our family. But then He heard something awful. He heard us began to say through clinched teeth, “Satan is responsible for this and he will pay!” He heard us speak the word. He heard people praying for us. He saw us worshipping in the hospital. He saw the stand we were taking and most importantly He saw God backing us up. Satan was grieved and gnashed his teeth at this. His wicked desire for our family, perished. His hopes thwarted.
When Satan throws something unexpected your way, throw something unexpected back at him.
- Psalm 112. My in-laws made this their confession for 2012 and it has ministered to me several times through out the year.
- What the devil set out to do when he stole our son will not be accomplished.
- The devil is grieved at how God came to the rescue for us.
- I got to pack Gus’ lunch this morning and pray over him and his day. I love being his mom.
- Beautiful morning feeding the ducks with Beau at the pond.. and the fishies and turtles too. She loved it.
- Pretending picnic with Beau & Cinderella.
- Beau can sing “ABC” (not the whole song, just ABC) and it’s so very sweet.
- Gus likes me to walk him to class instead of dropping him off at the door. I know this won’t always be the case so I’m going to enjoy it for as long as I can.
- God ministered to Josh and brought healing to his heart at work today. God is so good!
- Delicious and easy dinner.
- Sitting and talking with Josh on the patio after dinner.
- Watching the kids play and laugh and run. Healthy bodies, healthy spirits.
- Great afternoon working while Beau was sleeping and Gus was at school.
- Got to listen to this really powerful message by Pastor Robert two times today.
- Gus is learning the names of the new kids in his class. He has a new friend name J.J., just like me!
- The way Gus calls me “mamma”
- Special prayer night with my husband. Nothing makes me feel as close to him as when we get together to pray.
- Listening to Josh teach Gus about hearing God’s voice tonight. Gus was having so much fun practicing.
- The bravery and self-sacrifice of the firemen, policemen, and soldiers who were there on 9/11 and the weeks after being real life super heroes.
- Our country has gone 11 years without any major terrorists attacks.
- I live in the greatest country!
- God used Josh to speak some things to me tonight that I really needed to hear.
- Nice, hot relaxing bath.
- So many of my friends on FB post scriptures every day that I love reading.
- The very moving post my mother in law wrote today about doing good instead of harm to your husband.
- The sweet and encouraging note from my mom about this blog.
- Watching the kids run around in fire fighter hats and really playing together.
- I am so in love with my family.