Nahum 1:7 (AMP) The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him.
I really like how beautifully the amplified breaks down the word “knows” in this verse. The Lord knows me. He recognizes me, has knowledge of me and understands me. I forget sometimes how well God “knows” me.
I have 560 Facebook friends and I would probably be able to recognize most of them if I saw them at say….. the airport, but they don’t know me the way this verse says that God knows me.
The person who knows me best is my husband. I can’t think of anything he doesn’t know about me, yet God knows me even better than him.
God would recognize me at the airport, then be able to tell me everything I was feeling and then explain to me why I was feeling that way, because He knows me.
That’s such a comforting thought. That in the day of trouble if we make the choice to take refuge in Him and trust in Him, He’s not only there to protect us, but He knows exactly what we need. He knows what’s best for us. He knows the secrets of our heart that we didn’t even know were there. He knows us better than we know ourselves! That’s why it’s so important to lean not on our own understanding, but trust in Him, because he always knows what’s up.
- God KNOWS me.
- When I ran to Him on the day of trouble He was my refuge.
- He knew the scriptures I needed to hear and gave them to different people in my life to share with me.
- He knew I would regret not finding out if the baby was a boy or girl and the doctor “slipped” and told us it was a boy.
- He knew I love planning trips and gave Josh the idea to go on a trip to Disney World in November. It helped having something fun to plan and look forward to in those first few weeks.
- I KNOW Him.
- The pretty colors in the sky this morning.
- Gus picked me a flower and gave it to me before school.
- Listening to Gus declare God’s word all the way to school.
- Josh made a great decision to not talk about a certain situation today while we were out enjoying his day off!
- North Park Mall. I loved watching Beau watch the fountains, ducks, and turtles today.
- I got Beau’s fall wardrobe today and paid for almost all of it with money I’ve made selling her fall wardrobe from last year!
- I have a daughter that LOVES shopping!! She had so much fun at Gap trying on hats and shoes.
- Josh helped watch Beau so I could focus on picking out her clothes.
- Beau fell asleep in the car and we had a successful car to crib transfer so she got her full nap!
- Tasty sandwich from Which Which for lunch.
- My friend Alicia sent me the sweetest little note and a special treat in the mail today!! So kind!
- Josh took time to tell me this morning how proud he is of me.
- I got new sunglasses! I’ve been wearing a pair with only one ear holder for the past week and embarrassing Josh in the process. So we are both thankful for the new shades.
- Gus had a great “all green” day at school!
- My mom shared all the pictures she took when the kids were visiting them in Tulsa.
- Josh took time to listen to some podcasts I recommended to him.
- Anytime Josh is trying to pull Gus’ leg about something, Gus always gives me a look to try to find out if Dad is serious or joking.
- I was cleaning out Beau’s closet and a baby bath tub and potty came crashing down on me from up high. I’m so thankful they fell on me and not her!
- Josh unloaded the dishwasher and then loaded it back up for me.
- When Gus heard me thanking Josh for helping he decided to help too!
- Got groceries for the week.
- Gus’ Nana got him new Dr. Seuss bedding for his bed at her house.