Today is middle day. It’s been two months since we had to deliver Felix still born and it’s two months until we reach his due date. I found myself missing him and thinking about him an awful lot today. Wondering what he would have looked like. Imagining his little nursery all fixed up for him. How can you miss someone you’ve never even met?
As I was thinking about how we are in the middle of these two big dates in our lives, God reminded me of this.
“..I am God and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning.. saying My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure..” Isaiah 46:9-10
Even though we are in the middle, God has declared the end from the beginning. He knows the end of every situation. He’s not just sitting back and watching to see how this all pans out. He is directing every step we take moving forward. He says His counsel will stand and He will do ALL His pleasure. I’m speaking this in faith today and if you find yourself somewhere in the middle you can speak it to:
There is no one like my God! He declares the end from the beginning over me and my family. His plans for us can not be frustrated. His plans stand firm forever. They are settled in heaven for all of eternity. He has assured me He is in this for the long haul, and He will do exactly what He has set out to do in and through our family.
- God is the director my life.
- He makes every situation turn out His way.
- He always speaks to me in the sweetest ways, bringing so much comfort to my heart.
- Even though I still cry and hurt sometimes over Felix it brings joy to know he is in heaven and he will never cry or hurt.
- Bones. Josh shared this Hillsong United song with me last night. It’s so pretty.
- Fun family breakfast at McDonalds this morning.
- The kids had a great time playing in the pirate ship play place and Josh & I had a great time watching them play.
- Beau just randomly talking about “puppies” and “cupcakes” this morning in the car. Such a girl!
- I had some time to organize Gus’ closet. I can’t believe how much he grew over the summer!
- The voice and personality Josh gave to our old dog, Norah. He had me laughing so hard I was crying last night telling me a story through her.
- Helping Gus spend his tickets on abcmouse.com. He is a pretty compulsive shopper.
- Extra long nap for Beau which means extra good mood for Beau.
- Beau is learning how to use the word “please.”
- Guy Fieri pork chops and squash for dinner. So good!
- Fun afternoon hanging out at the bookstore with the family.
- Gus & Beau tearing through the house tonight playing some little game they came up with.
- Check book balanced the first time.
- Gus has figured out when dad’s days off are and he looks forward to them!
- The toddler leash. Beau loved walking around at the mall with her monkey backpack on.
- Josh looks extra nice after paying a visit to Gus’ hair guy, Roberto.
- Gus got some really interesting books from Sonic. I enjoyed reading to him and learning about how crazy it is in Antarctica.
- Lounging around watching the Rangers game with Josh while the kids played after dinner.
- Our weekend has felt extra long. It usually goes so fast.
- Car windshield shades.
- The attitude of Miss Allie Brown. She has been in and out of the hospital for surgeries and treatments, but she never complains. She is SO positive and inspiring and such a brave young lady.
- Josh surprised me by renting one of my favorite movies for a date night at home this evening.
- Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream. Best. Ice cream. Ever.
- Gus calls his undies his “rides”