Deuteronomy 28:47-48 If you do not serve the Lord your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, you will serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you….
The Lord wants us to serve Him with gladness. He delights to hear us sing as we live to serve Him every day, to whistle while we work. The more God gives us the more cheerfully we should serve Him. The “reasons” I write down everyday help me to focus on all He has abundantly blessed me with and they make me want to serve him with more joy and enthusiasm than ever before.
I never want to get to the place where the Israelites got in Deuteronomy 32:13-15, God had blessed them so greatly, but they made light of (lightly esteemed, rejected, treated with contempt, scoffed, forsook, abandoned) the rock of their salvation. They weren’t thankful and they lost sight of their salvation! Scary thing to lose sight of!
“Our abundance should be the oil to the wheels of our obedience” – Matthew Henry
- I’m thankful for those verses telling me if we don’t serve God with cheerfulness, we serve our enemy!
- For the joy and enthusiasm He’s given me to serve Him.
- Trudi sharing those verses with me.
- “If I had a mean dad like Josiah’s dad, I would punch him right in the gizzard” – Gus after Bible time today. He makes me laugh out loud all the time.
- We got an awesome swing set from the Wood family today! What a HUGE (literally, it’s huge) blessing!
- My sweet husband spent his day off tearing the swing set down to transport to our house.
- We get to hang out with Nana & Papa again tonight since they are flying out of Dallas tomorrow!
- My nephew is taking his first classes at ORU today: spiritual empowered living & Old Testament theology.. you would have never guessed this just 2 or 3 years ago! God is SO good and moving in my family!
- I still have two more years before I have to send Gussy off to kindergarden.
- Target! I can’t believe it took me ’til day 11 to be thankful for that one.
- Great cloud cover for Josh today while working on the swing set.
- Bookmark confessions my mother in law wrote.
- We got to color in several spaces on our Disneyworld savings thermometer today!
- Workout DVDs. I’m glad I don’t have to spend time and money at a gym.
- On that note.. I can button my regular jeans today!
- Ps 133:1 How wonderful and pleasant it is when siblings live together in harmony. Prayed this over Gus & Beau when I was pregnant and Beau and for the most part they do live together in harmony!
- As we speak God’s word out He’s building our faith for the next Blount Baby.
- Beau likes Winnie The Pooh like me when I was her age. Love watching the old videos with her.
- That I got a guy who has never been into blogs to read this one. Thank for the encouraging message Jason!
- The peace that fills our home even when it’s loud and messy!
- That time in the morning when Josh & I have both been studying and are excited to share with each other what we learned.
- Justin, my nephew (more like my brother) shares his 27 reasons every day. I smile from 1-27.
- My pantry is packed, fridge is full.
- God showed me who he wanted me to invite to church this weekend. Pray she says yes!
- Bookmark feature on YouVersion. Like my own personal concordance.
- The way Beau says “ow” and covers her eyes when I turn on her lamp in the morning.
- God uses my 4 year old to minister to me with the things I’ve taught Him.