Yesterday I was on my way to the grocery store when I saw a Black Altima. The license plate said “Is 43 18”
I made a note of it so I could read it later. I’m not one of those people who read and drive simultaneously. So I read it this morning.
“Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old.” Kind of a funny thing to put as a license plate scripture, right? I thought it was going to be about how God blesses His people or something along those lines. But it was intriguing to me, so I kept reading. The next verse says, “Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”
It’s starting to come together for me now. I imagine the person driving that Altima wants to remind themselves to forget who they used to be. Forget their past sins, failures, heartbreaks, mistakes, discouragements, and defeats. Because God has something new for them now.
2 Corinthians 5:17 If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
I’m on board with this. I don’t want to remember the former things that cause my heart to hurt. Tomorrow I’ll share what God does want us to remember.. But right now it’s list time!
- I am a NEW creation in Christ.
- I can forget the hurtful parts of the past and move on to new things God has for me.
- Driver of the Black Altima for sharing that scripture on their license plate.
- 4 years ago my little niece Sydney was born! She was a preemie but God pulled her through and gave her an extra dose of mightiness.
- My father in law greeted me with “Good morning, Proverbs 31 woman” as he was headed to the airport early this morning. What a compliment!
- Josh Hall helped my Josh finish moving the swing set over.
- Someone from Singapore visited 10kreasons!
- Josh folded and put away laundry for me this morning.
- My kids don’t have any food allergies.
- Our remote works for both TVs. Since one of them is almost always missing.
- Gus with his Handy Manny tool set ready to “help” dad with the swing set.
- I decided to lay around with Josh while the kids were napping instead of balancing check book.
- I won rock, paper, scissors and Josh had to change Beau’s diaper.
- I have two sweet kids to clean up after all day.
- My friend Teresa had her sweet little boy this week.
- When our camera fell off the counter today the hanger I had in my hand just happened to be in the right place and it caught the camera by the wrist strap before it crashed onto the wood floor. Phew!
- Fun time playing the Wii tonight with Josh & Gus.
- The way Josh smells after he grills.
- Josh made dinner tonight and cleaned up afterward!
- Movie night at home with Josh.
- The ceramic popcorn bowl I got Josh when we were first married.
- Our extra deep couch. We used to go to Restoration Hardware and sit on it together and talk about how we would get it “someday.” Someday came a lot sooner than we thought it would!
- We got to spend some time with papa this morning.
- Hooded bath towels. Beau looks amazing in one.
- God has called me by name and I am His! (Is 43:1)
- Beau’s ankles are too chubby for her sandal straps to wrap around them.
- My God is the father of sympathy and the God of every comfort. (2 Cor 1:3)
- I have a boy and a girl. So fun having one of each!