There’s not a whole lot you can purchase from the grocery store that has not been sealed. Contact solution, a can of almonds, a bag of chips, mascara, peanut butter, dishwashing detergent- all things I bought today and all things that have been “sealed for my protection.”
I appreciate the seal. It lets me know that I’m the only person who has ever owned the peanut butter I’m about to serve to my family. When I remove the seal and see a perfectly smooth surface that no one has put their finger in, it makes me feel good. If I ever get anything and the seal has been broken and I’m not the one who broke it, it’s going back to the store.
Ephesians 1:13 (NIRV) You also became believers in Christ. That happened when you heard the message of truth. It was the good news about how you could be saved. When you believed, he marked you with a seal. The seal is the Holy Spirit that he promised.
When you became a believer, you got sealed… by Jesus with the Holy Spirit. Your life has been notarized. You have an official stamp, the image of Jesus, that has been pressed into your heart forever. You are one of God’s children and the seal of the Holy Spirit is your proof.
I appreciate the seal. He lets me know that my relationship with God is authentic. He confirms to me that God’s love is perfect, no one can stick their finger in it and mess it up. It assures me that I am God’s and He is mine.
When Paul wrote about the seal it was during a time when it was customary to go the market and put your seal on everything that you purchased, so that if anything of yours were to get mixed in with another persons items, there would be no confusion as to who the item belonged to. If you put your seal on something you wanted everyone to know that it was yours.
God sealed you, because He wanted everyone to know that you belong to Him. One of the Holy Spirit’s most important jobs is to remind you of that every single day. God knew the Devil would work hard at making you doubt who you are in Christ, so He sealed you for your protection.
If your seal seems as if it’s been tampered with, go back to the simple child like faith that you had when you first believed and listen as the Holy Spirit confirms who you really are.
Romans 8:16 (MSG) God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children.
- I’ve heard the message of truth for as long as I can remember.
- When I believed the message I was sealed by God with the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy spirit reminds me every day that I am God’s daughter.
- Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder.
- Had a sweet prayer time this morning. Could see Gus’ angels with him watching over him as he played on the playground at school as I was praying protection over him.
- Beau’s blue sucker stained lips.
- Grocery shopping done for the week!
- Josh took the girls out for a lunch date.
- Taco Bueno. Seriously, I’m a Bueno head.
- The little tortillas bowls that the cheese and beans come in. Best part of mexi-dips and chips.
- Gus had an all green day at school today!
- He got to have a picnic lunch. I remember getting to do that a few times in elementary school… something about eating outside on a blanket just makes lunch a lot more exciting.
- Beau asking Gus about his day on the ride home. “Did you play with your friends, Gus?” They are both getting so big!
- Beau decided to draw on the walls today… thankfully her weapon of choice was chalk.
- It’s official. June 11th me and my friend Sayra are going to go see Hillsong United!!!
- Yummy Sloppy Joes for dinner.
- If you tell Gus Mario & Luigi like something (sloppy joes for instance) he’s in!
- Josh encouraged me to take the first step in turning the blog into a book this morning. I did! Exciting!
- Received an e-mail from a mother who delivered still born a few months ago who just happened across my blog. She let me know she is starting her own 10,000 reasons journey. God’s so cool.
- Freeze dance party!
- Went outside to say goodnight to the sun and moon tonight with Beau. The way it felt and the time of day reminded me so much of running around bare foot with my brother and nephew and all of the other bare foot neighborhood kids. Thankful for the gift of memory.
- All of the Leggo Batman and Princess undies I folded tonight doing laundry.
- One of Josh’s Mix 56 kids got surprised by his parents for his birthday with the news that he was registered for Mix camp. They got it on video and shared it on FB. So, so sweet!
- Listened to some Creflo tonight from when he was at Gateway a few years ago… guy can preach!
- Josh’s bath salts make our entire room smell divine.
- Watched a few hours of Duck Dynasty and did some much needed veggin out and some good laughing along side my best friend.
- Seeing some awesome Priscilla Shirer tweets from the Pink Conference. I get to hear her in a few days at conference B!
One thought on “Day 254”
I really enjoyed the two sessions I just watched in our Bible study with Priscilla Shirer. She is really awesome about conveying what it’s like to know the meaning of God being able to do more abundantly what we can ask or think. She used her little boys to show us in simple terms what it means to go way past what you might expect. She is right there from Dallas. Love you. Glad you are looking into publishing your blog.