Marvel – To be filled with wonder or astonishment.
While Jesus walked the earth He marveled at two things. Not a beautiful sunset, not a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, not a baby taking it’s first breath or the way people act when the moon is full. He marveled at faith and unbelief.
In Luke 7 a Centurion’s servant was sick and on his death bed. The Centurion had such great faith in the healing power of Jesus and such an understanding of authority that he knew all that Jesus needed to do was say the word and his servant would be healed.
Verse 9 says, When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”
In Mark 6 Jesus returns to Nazareth, his old stomping grounds, but instead of being welcomed home with a big parade people are offended and they don’t believe that this boy from Nazareth is anything more than a carpenter.
Mark 6:5-6 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief…
Everyone of us will marvel Jesus, but will we marvel Him with the great faith that we have in Him or will He be marveled at our unbelief?
It breaks my heart to think about Jesus being marveled by my lack of faith. I don’t want Him to see me worried, stressed, or scared because I don’t really believe what His word says. I don’t want Him to think, “Wow, she’s amazing! Why won’t she trust me in the area?” I want to be a person that blows Jesus away with my faith. I want Him to see me at peace, full of joy, and not leaning one little bit on my own understanding. I want Him to think, “Wow, she’s amazing! She is totally trusting me with this!”
Jesus isn’t marveled by the sunset or a butterfly because they don’t have free will. They do whatever He tells them to do. He says sun rise and the sun rises. He says butterfly fly and it flies. He tells us through His word to trust Him, but He can’t force us to do that. It’s our decision. We can choose to have faith or unbelief. Whatever we choose will make Him marvel but I want Him to marvel because He’s pleased.
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God…
- I can make Jesus marvel.
- Jesus gave humans free will.
- Faith pleases God!
- We can grow our faith by hearing the Word of God.
- My Grandpa Wagner was born 87 years ago today!
- I had the best grandpa a girl could ask for.
- Under ducks.
- Riding in the basket of his bike.
- I know he prayed for me and my family often.
- He’s in heaven, walking and talking with Jesus.
- Sweet breakfast time singing songs to Jesus with the kids.
- Nana, Papa & Dida entertained the kids this morning while I made chili for this evening.
- The kids got to a birthday party for their sweet friend Ava.
- Briana always makes her girls parties so special and fun for everyone.
- Got to see the Siegrist Family!
- Free lunch.
- Beau stayed awake in the car so I could put her down for a good nap after the party.
- Josh cleaned our room, made the bed, and got the laundry started for me.
- Briana let me know Ava was already enjoying the present we picked out for her.
- Gus’ cute little face watching Oliver & Co cuddles up with his new stuffed puppy Spots.
- Made $75 selling our old seasons of 24 on ebay!
- Found the Euro sham to go with Beau’s bedding on ebay. They were sold out of it in stores.
- Connecting to God through praise and worship.
- Great message at church tonight.
- Dinner and fun game night with The Campbells!
- Josh taught me to put mustard in my chili.
- Chocolate Turtle Chex Mix.