Today I woke up thinking about this scripture.
Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
I like how the message says it, You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a six-course dinner, but it sounds impressive. Today families all over America gathered around tables to feast! I helped my mom prepare a few tables for 22 of my family members today and when I was setting out dishes and forks and napkins that scripture came back to me again.
Can you imagine God setting a big beautiful table for you? Everything would be perfect. Beautiful candles, stunning centerpieces, the best china, fanciest sliver ware, and a spread that would make every episode of the Food Networks, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” What an amazing thought, the God of the universe playing host to us! But that’s not the best part. The best part is that He does it right in front of our enemies.
God has not only the bounty to feed me, but power to protect me; and, though surrounded by enemies, I sit down to this table with confidence, knowing that I shall feast in perfect security. – Clarke
When you feel you are surrounded by your enemies remember that God is not just standing around waiting for them to leave. He’s preparing a beautiful table and a wonderful feast that will provide you with all that you need. God wants your enemies to know how He cares for you and defends you and He will make sure that they see Him hosting you by setting the table right in front of them. Your enemies will be left salivating and wishing they wouldn’t have messed with the one that God loves so dearly. Sit down at the perfect table and feast with the perfect host!
- Psalm 23:5 – what a great scripture God brought to my mind this Thanksgiving day.
- God plays host to me!
- He prepares a table and a feast and I can sit down knowing He’s protecting me, while my enemies have to watch and see how much God loves me.
- I got to help my mom set the table today for Thanksgiving lunch.
- Watching the parades this morning while cooking.
- I got to see a lot of my family today.
- Going to my mom’s for lunch. It’s nice to be at the house I grew up in for the holidays.
- Green Bean Casserole.
- Orange Carrot Jello.
- Pumpkin Pie.
- Cool Whip.
- Round 2 of Thanksgiving with the Blount’s & Sparkmans.
- My sister in law Brooke was at Thanksgiving this year. She was sick last year and it wasn’t the same without her.
- Trudi’s mashed potatoes.
- Hash brown casserole.
- Josh’s sage stuffing.
- Blueberry Jello.
- Papa’s stuffed celery.
- Beau totally enjoyed her Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
- Took time to go around the table after dinner and talk about what we were thankful for. My favorite part of Thanksgiving every year.
- God gave me the idea to be thankful blogger this year.
- The last 109 days have been like Thanksgiving for me, minus the turkey.
- Fun family time after our kids went to bed talking about all kinds of things and laughing and laughing and laughing.
- We are so blessed to have 2 families that we actually enjoy spending time with.