I loved seeing all of the Thanksgiving posts on Facebook and Twitter yesterday, but this one was my favorite.
“It is not happy people who are thankful; It is thankful people who are happy.”
So often people think in order to be thankful, you have to wait until you feel happy, but instead of waiting around for that happy feeling to come if you start thanking God in whatever state you might be in, the happiness will follow.
That’s why I so enjoy listing my 28 reasons each day. I can honestly say that I haven’t had a bad day in the last 110 days. Every day has been full of joy! I have been less stressed, more patient, slow to anger, and more content than ever before.
Psalm 147:1 Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.
It is good to praise God. It is good for Him but it is also good for us! It’s good for our health, good for our minds, good for our relationships, in fact I can’t think of any area of life that won’t benefit from a lifestyle of gratitude. It’s also contagious. If you want your spouse to be more thankful then be more thankful. If you want your kids to be more thankful then be more thankful. Your gratitude will rub off on those around you.
Maybe you don’t have time to list out 28 things each day that you are thankful for, but I bet you have time to list 5. If you have had more bad days than good days lately, try this gratitude thing and watch what happens. For it is good to praise our God!
- The way my life has improved just by being more thankful.
- Being thankful is good for us, and good for God.
- Slept in this morning.
- Hot cocoa.
- Starbucks has kid temperature cocoa, so Gus could enjoy his right away without burning his tongue.
- Had a fun morning shopping with the family.
- The beautiful trees at Utica Square.
- Bought our Christmas present today at Pottery Barn. Got a chair that was marked down more than 50%! Incredible deal.
- Pottery Barn’s bounce back Black Friday deals. I made $130 bucks to spend there in January!
- Found an owl apron, owl tea set, and owl pajamas for my little girl who loves owls.
- Papa helped us pick up our new chair with his truck.
- Got to visit with my parents more today.
- My parents took us out and treated us to lunch .
- Got some great deals on toys for Gus’ Christmas.
- Nana got me a really pretty Christmas tree candle holder.
- All of the grandkids had so much fun decorating their playroom Christmas tree at nana & papa’s.
- The Holy Spirit helped me remember that I left my purse in Target before I got home.
- Angels protected my purse and all of the cash and reward points that were in it!
- Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Josh called me in the bathroom to see Gus singing into the removable shower head like it was microphone and dancing to his new favorite song. So Kevin McCallister like.
- Gus got out of bed tonight because he forgot to give me a kiss and told me he didn’t want to go to sleep without a kiss from me.
- Watching Sherlock in bed with my favorite person.
- Early to bed night!
- Gus and Beau had a fun night playing with their cousins Ryan & Olivia.
- I feel like I’ve had free babysitters the last couple of days.
- Got Beau’s Little People Princess castle for $15 off!
- Washed all of our clothes so I won’t have any laundry to do tomorrow when we get home.
- I feel very vacationed!