A few weeks ago my husband Josh decided that our four year old son Gus was old enough to ask Jesus into his heart. Gus has believed in Jesus since he was a little toddler. In fact, some of his first words were “Bible” and “Jesus” and we have videos of him quoting scripture before he was even two! But we wanted to have a special ceremony, something he would remember forever, a day that he could always look back on and say, “on this date I made Jesus Lord of my life!” So we prayed about it and I felt like November 9, 2012 was supposed to be the day.
On July 7, 2012 we delivered our son Felix stillborn. His due date was November 9, 2012. That date has been looming for the last four months, but after we decided to have it be Gus’ “spiritual birthday” it became a day we were looking forward to.
One thing that comforted me after loosing Felix was knowing that one day I would be reunited with him in heaven. We weren’t going to be separated forever. I love how my friend Briana put it, I now have a “heavenly due date” to look forward to. As a parent it would be awful to have to be separated from a child for all of eternity, but sadly, it happens to our Father all of the time.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
God does not want people to go to hell. He wants everyone to repent. Why? Because He loves people. His heart longs to be reunited with them in heaven for eternity. Like I long to reunited with Felix. God doesn’t want to be separated from His children forever, but if they don’t make Him Lord of their life and repent, then instead of spending eternity with him in heaven, they will spend it separated from him in Hell.
I know that today, when our little four year old made Jesus Lord of His life that all of heaven was rejoicing! God’s favorite, the apple of His eye, Joseph Augustus Blount got his name written in the Lamb’s Book Of Life. He will never be separated from God. We knew they were partying in heaven over Gus getting saved, so we partied on earth. We had a birthday cake, a birth certificate, and we gave him a special big boy Bible with his name engraved on it. It was so amazing to witness. As his parents, our joy was through the roof, but I know it could not compare with the amount of joy God had hearing Gus confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord.
If for some reason you happened across this blog and you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life I just want you to know that He longs to write your name in the Lamb’s Book of Life too. You are the apple of His eye. You are His favorite, and He does not want to spend eternity without you.
Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Gus’ name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- God really redeemed the date November 9th for our family.
- I got to watch Josh explain salvation to Gus and barely make it through because he was fighting back tears. So awesome. I’ll never forget it.
- Josh’s graphic design skills came in handy for creating Gus’ spiritual birth certificate.
- I felt like all of his great grandparents that are in heaven and his little brother Felix all somehow knew what was happening today and were rejoicing with us.
- I got to sleep in this morning.
- Josh watched the kids so I could get a few things for work done.
- I went to get a grapefruit for breakfast out of the fridge and Josh had one waiting for me, all cut up. It was such a sweet gesture. It’s a lot of work to cut a grapefruit!
- My friends Jessi and Alicia helped me find some good vitamins for Beau to take to help her fight off a little cold. I can tell the Elderberry is already working. Praise God!
- Had a fun afternoon collecting acorns and hunting for different colors of leaves with the kids. When we were done we had “a bucket o’ fall” according to Gus.
- Our friends Josh & Anna brought by some beautiful, happy sunflowers and the sweetest card remembering Felix.
- God blessed the Halls and helped them find a perfect mini van, just what they had been praying for.
- Gus picked Kenny’s Burger Joint for his spiritual birthday dinner.
- The Junell’s gave Josh a gift card to Kenny’s for his birthday so dinner was only $7!
- Jucy Lucy. Oh. My. Word. That was an excellent burger.
- Beau’s new adorable thing… anytime she sees you after it’s been a few minutes she waves and says “Hello” but it sounds like “He-woah”
- Gus & Beau’s clothes are all packed up for Disney and they are still none the wiser.
- Josh got to take a bath and a nap today. That’s a good way to do some sabbathing.
- This was a happy, joyful day! Not near as hard as I thought it was going to be four months ago.
- I will get to meet Felix on the new “heavenly due date” and spend eternity with him.
- God doesn’t want anyone to perish. He doesn’t want to be separated from anyone.
- Jesus died on the cross, giving everyone a chance to spend eternity with The Father in heaven.
- Watching AFV with Gus. It’s always awesome when something completely cracks Gus up.
- New toothbrush.
- Josh folded and stuffed all of the partner letters that I was supposed to have to fold and stuff.
- I got the check book balanced and got the bills paid.
- Had Beau laughing so hard before bed tonight.
- Getting in bed early and planning on sleeping like a rock!