It doesn’t seem possible that it was just one year ago that we were driving up to Tulsa to celebrate my daughter Beau’s 1st birthday… and now here we are in Tulsa again, to celebrate her 2nd birthday.
I found out I was expecting baby number three at the beginning of March 2012 and we decided to keep it a secret so we could surprise every one with our big news at Beau’s party. We gathered nearly 40 people (all family!) around a T.V. and played a special trailer that we made announcing another Blount baby was due to arrive in early November. We have the entire thing captured on video. All of the grandparents were shocked and all of our siblings were laughing, clapping or shouting for us. It was a really special moment. I couldn’t help but think about that a few times today on the 4 hour trip to T-town. I haven’t watched the announcement since I delivered the baby that was supposed to arrive in November, in July… still born. But, God reminded me of the words we wrote for the trailer to let everyone know we were expecting.
The next chapter… that took everyone by surprise… the legend continues… Blount Baby #3… coming November 2012.
Little Felix. He should be here celebrating his big sister’s birthday with us this week, but he’s not… but he hasn’t been forgotten. He was the next chapter that took us all by surprise and all though he was only apart of our lives here on earth for 20 weeks, his legacy continues.
That little guy changed my life. I never got to hold him or hear him cry, but he started a flame in my heart that can not be tamed. The devil robbed me of a precious son, but God, who understands what it’s like to lose a son, came to my rescue. He wrapped His arms around me and I felt His love like I’ve never felt it before. I knew more than ever, that even though I was heart broken and confused that He was going to walk with me through the valley of the shadow of death. I knew He was hurting for me and I knew He could turn this awful tragedy into a victory, and He, like only He could have, did!
Over the last 8 months I’ve become the closet to God that I’ve ever been. I’ve fallen in love with His word. I’ve discovered that I have a passion and a gift for writing. I’ve learned to be thankful for the little things in life. I appreciate my kids and don’t take a single moment with them for granted. I have seen my husband step into a new anointing. Felix forever changed me and my family. I’m thankful today that “next chapter” we surprised our family with a year ago didn’t end in July, but has turned into a beautiful story about the goodness of God… a story that will never end.
Psalm 107:14-15 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, And broke their chains in pieces. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
- God came to my rescue.
- He walked me through the valley of the shadow death.
- He turned a tragedy into a victory.
- Our “next chapter” has turned into a beautiful story of God’s goodness.
- The flame that burns in my heart that Felix helped light.
- The special moment we got to share with our families when we announced baby #3.
- Slept til 9:30 today!!! It’s such a great feeling to wake up when you are done sleeping… I’m never quite done at 6 a.m.
- Stopped by Allen to do a little more shopping with Josh on the way to Tulsa.
- In N Out for lunch!
- Root beer with In N Out… such a great combination.
- Had a great time on the drive up with Josh- he is my favorite person to talk to and laugh with in all of the world.
- Safe trip in all the heavy rain.
- About an hour away from Tulsa something broke on our car and it was making the car smell all emmissiony so we had to roll down the windows… it was raining and cold and Josh let me have his sweat shirt. He froze for me! That’s love!
- Kids did great for Nana & Papa yesterday.
- So sweet seeing their little smiling faces today. I missed them and could tell they missed me… especially Beau!
- Had a fun afternoon playing Taco Bueno delivery man with Gus.
- His delivery man voice. He was proud of it… it was pretty a good one.
- Hideaway Pizza!
- Josh had to drop our car off at the mechanic and I left my phone in it… Papa drove all the way back over there to get it for me.
- Josh got to have a fun night doing one of his favorite things in the world… making music in the studio with Papa & David John!
- Beau did great going to bed in her new big girl bed at Nana’s house.
- Beau singing “We Had A Great Day” from Fresh Beat Band. She’s a good little singer.
- Nice, quiet night to write.
- Got Beau’s birthday banner finished.
- The old school Bible story books Nana & Papa have. Gus loves them and they are fun to read.
- Good talk with Nana.