The star of every nativity scene is obviously baby Jesus, but there’s another star in the scene that I’ve been thinking a lot about today… it’s the star. The star that led the wise men to Jesus. We don’t know much about the star, what it looked like, it’s name, or if it really had a tail as big as a kite. The only detail given about the star is found in Matthew 2:2, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”
It was HIS star. Every beam in that star shone forth for Jesus. (Spurgeon) It shined so brightly that the wise men could not resist following it. It drew them in. So much so that they travelled days across the desert to find the new born King of the Jews.
I was excited to discover today that I was born to be a star, born to be HIS star. To shine so brightly for Him that people can’t resist following me, and when they follow me they find Jesus because like the Christmas star, that’s where I’m heading.
You were born to be HIS star too. To be a light in this dark world. And if you haven’t noticed the world seems to be darker than ever these days. You were not born to shine for yourself but to radiate for Jesus with every beam inside of you and to attract people to Jesus like a porch light attracts crazy bugs.
I heard my little girl singing this song to her baby today, Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. It reminded me that it’s okay for people to wonder what you are, but they should never have to wonder whose you are, and you shouldn’t have to wonder either. Like the famous star that shone the night that Jesus was born, you are HIS star.
Where are you heading and is anyone following you?
- I was born to be a star!
- The awesome Charles Spurgeon message on the star and the wise men I read today.
- If we shine for Jesus and are headed to Jesus people will follow and they will find Him too!
- I’ve found a way to shine and I so enjoy doing it everyday.
- Beau singing Twinkle Twinkle little star today. So sweet!
- I slept for 10 hours last night… finally getting rid of this strep throat.
- Had a fun morning running around with Beau.
- Found Gus a Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster shirt for his Christmas dress up day on Thursday.
- Chic Fil A date with Beau.
- Beau was saying her memory verse loud enough for everyone at Chic Fil A to here her. She was really shining!
- The sweet man who helped me carry a high chair to the table for Beau.
- Josh came home for an hour to watch Beau so I could go to Gus’ Christmas party while she was napping.
- Gus was so excited that I got to read Frosty the Snowman to his class at school today.
- Gus is THE sweetest four year old boy alive.
- I got the present from Gus today. A really sweet and adorable baby Jesus in a manger made from his handprint. I told him I’d keep it forever and I will. I love it.
- Clean house!
- Nana & Papa had a safe trip to Texas today.
- Yummy dinner at Kenny’s paid for by Kenny aka Papa.
- Ice cream for dessert.
- We got our Christmas chair today!
- We are sitting around watching TV and no one has to sit on the floor! So nice having an extra seat.
- Gus’ teacher told me he shared the Christmas story from Luke 2 with the class today and she then took him around to all of the classrooms so he could share it with them too. He was really shining!
- I don’t know how it’s possible but only 4 more sleeps until our Christmas morning.
- The kids are still young enough that if we want to move Christmas up a few days they won’t realize it.
- Gus was surprisingly understanding when I told him dinner took longer than expected and we would have to wait until tomorrow to do our gingerbread houses.
- The weather guys are predicting snow in Tulsa on Christmas day!
- I think I finally found a reliable data entry software for work.
- I’m swallowing right now and it doesn’t hurt! Whoo Hoo!!