Stand. The word has two definitions. 1. To have or maintain an upright position, supported by one’s feet. 2. An attitude toward a particular issue; a position taken in an argument.
Most churches stand during the praise and worship part of a service. I’ve been a member in 5 different churches throughout my life and at everyone of them when it’s time for worship to start all of the people stand together to sing. So when I sing a song like “The Stand” by Hillsong United, and I get to this part, I’ll stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the one who gave it all. I think of the first definition of standing.. being supported by my feet. I guess it’s because it’s what I’m physically doing. Same thinking when I sing “Forever Yours” by David Moore, I will love you Lord I will stand and worship, I will give you praise to you my hands I raise.
My sweet husband was telling me the other day that when he sings the word stand in worship he thinks more along the lines of the 2nd definition -To have an attitude toward a particular issue. A position taken in an argument.
Ephesians 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
The attitude we take on is that we are more than conquerors, having overcome the enemy through Jesus! The position taken in the argument is that God’s word is true, no matter what.
We can stand being supported by our feet in our own strength, but to do the Ephesians 6:13 kind of standing we have to be fully dressed in the armor of God. How do you get dressed in the amor of God? Spend time with Him daily.
When the devil sees you are dressed and standing he flees, because he knows he’s been beat. Next time you are worshipping and physically standing think about what your soul is standing for.
As I stand and sing You’re breaking the chains off me – “Bones” Hillsong United.
- Josh for making all of the worship songs with “stand” in them even better.
- That when we stand the devil flees.
- The armor of God is easy to put on and helps us stand victorious.
- The Stand. Love Love Love this song.
- Beau’s breakfast dance.
- Hillsong United concert on YouTube. I loved running to the first part of it this morning.
- More beautiful weather!
- I put my contacts in before Beau put my contact case in the toilet.
- Finally got to here the prophesy over my niece & nephew. It was right on! God is so cool!
- Gus needed one more day to recover so I got to hang out with him all day.
- Trying on necklaces at Forever 21 with Beau. She was so into it.
- My niece Courtney is the new campus administrator at LifeChurch Broken Arrow!!!!
- God spoke to her and her husband about applying for the position in a really awesome way, and they followed His leading and now she’s on staff!
- Took a really awesome power nap this afternoon.
- My power nap alarm clock was Beau shrieking with excitement over her Little Einsteins show.
- Great night with some really great gals. I absolutely love the pastor’s wives at Gateway Frisco.
- Cheri for being such a great host!
- All of the hugs and kisses and love I got while I was heading out the door tonight.
- When Beau saw me with my necklace on she had to go find one for her to put on. I like that she likes to be like me.
- Josh did bath time, book time, and bed time tonight with the kids.
- Gus & Beau missed mamma tonight. It’s nice to be missed.
- Josh had a nice and relaxing night to himself.
- My iPhone for being so kind and helping me find my way out of an unfamiliar neighborhood.
- Josh had great favor in the meeting with the city of Frisco about the fall festival at our campus.
- I found a shirt, necklace, belt & shoes all for under $40 today!
- Raisins. Beau let me shop as long as she had raisins in her little snack trap.
- Gus was counting down the minutes until Josh got home from work.. he could not wait to “impress” him with the Halloween costume he got today.
- Nana & Papa sent the kids a sweet video message to let them know they were missing them.