My five year old asks me a lot of questions every day. His favorite question lately is, “Mom, have you seen my Lego Batman?” Sometimes, I have seen the tiny little action figure lying around somewhere and can tell him exactly where to go to find it, but most of the time I have no idea where The Dark Knight is hiding and that drives him crazy. I’ll tell him to go look around some more and if he’s searched high and low and still can’t find it he will come to me and firmly request my assistance in helping him locate it. So I’ll help and because I’m a better seeker than he is I always find the Bat Man within a few minutes of looking.
Have you ever needed someone to help you find something? Your purpose, the perfect house, the right job, a spouse, a church home, the answer to the conflict you are having with your teenagers, your confidence? We all have things going on in our lives that we need wisdom on. We need someone older, wiser, and more experienced to help us find the answers to our questions. There’s none older, wiser or more experienced than God the father and He loves to give out wisdom. So what do we gotta do to get Him to give it to us?
James 1:5 (AMP) If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
If you are deficient in wisdom, ask God. He promises to give it to you liberally!
The Greek word for “ask” is aiteo and it means, to be adamant in requesting and demanding assistance to meet tangible needs.
When Gus can’t find his Lego Batman it’s a big deal to him, because he needs that Lego Batman to pretend whatever thing he is going to pretend and He knows that without Lego Batman his plans are going to be ruined. So he’s adament about requesting my assistance! He is respectful, because he knows if he’s not he’ll get a spanking, but he is persistent and demanding because he knows I can help him him find it. I’ve proved that to him many times, so he is not shy about asking me to do it again!
Has your God not proved that He can help you with whatever you need help with? He’s got a pretty impressive track record at our house, so when we need wisdom we should have no qualms about ASKing Him for it! Respectfully of course, but we have permission to be adamant about it and we have permission to demand it, because we need it!
Colossians 2:3 In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledgeand enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.
The wisdom you have been looking for is stuck in the crack of the couch or underneath the armoire and if you’ll only go to God and ask Him for it, He’ll help you find it. Don’t waste time trying to find it on your own, go to Him first and keep going to Him until your request for wisdom has been met!
- A few hours after I wrote this post Gus asked me to help him find Batman. I did and he said, “I can always count on you!” It was like God was reminding me that I can always count on Him.
- God gives us permission to be adamant when we need wisdom.
- God is liberal with wisdom.
- God is never deficient in wisdom.
- God’s perfect track record. He’s so awesome.
- The wisdom we need is hidden in HIM!
- That little Lego Batman. Gus got him free with his Lego Batman Encyclopedia and he has spent countless hours playing with him.
- Got three extra hours of sleep this morning! I can’t remember that last time I slept til 9.
- The thunderstorms and cloudy morning made sleeping in even better.
- Josh put a new room darkening shade in for me in Beau’s room. Now she won’t know when the sun comes up at 6:00 a.m.!
- This happy song from Lilo & Stitch.
- Life Cereal.
- Very productive working hours this afternoon. Got a lot accomplished.
- The Blount family got teamed up with my little brother’s family for our family reunion games at the end of the month. It’s going to be so fun!
- Josh went grocery shopping with us today. I love having him around!
- Fridge is super full and pantry is all stocked up for the week.
- Josh cut up and washed all of our fruit.
- Josh vacuumed for me.
- Finally got our car inspection done and avoided getting a ticket even though we were two months late doing it.
- We got so much rain today!
- Pepperoni pizza and salads for dinner. Easy & tasty!
- Found some great little Monster’s University cups and sandwich holders that will be perfect for bringing the kid’s snacks to the movie on Friday.
- We remembered today that we had money in our PayPayl account. It’s always a great thing when you find an extra $500!
- Green apples with a dash of salt. Good snack!
- Josh cut my apple snack up for me.
- Every episode of “24” has a “previously on 24…” I always fall asleep during the last 10 minutes, and those recaps always fill me in on what I missed.
- Less than two weeks away from our trip to Santa Barbara!! Time is flying.