This morning my son Gus asked his almost 2 year old sister Beau if she wanted to pray for their breakfast, and she did. “Dear Ward, thank you for the pretty fwowers, thank your for my wawfuls, the end!” She loves the “Lord”, “Flowers”, and “Waffles.”
I thought it was funny that she ended her prayer with “the end” instead of “amen”, of course Gus couldn’t let that one slide, he made sure she knew that when you are done praying you are supposed to say, in Jesus’ name, Amen. She ignored him and went back to her wawfuls, while I sat there and watched, God dropped this verse into my heart.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT) Never stop praying.
Every morning I wake up and spend time in prayer and I always end my prayer with, in Jesus’ name amen, but if I don’t spend anymore time communicating with God for the rest of the day it’s like I’m ending with “the end.” Okay Lord, there’s my 30 minutes, I’ll see ya tomorrow! God wants more than that. He wants you to be in fellowship with Him all day.
I strongly believe that everyone should have a certain time of day, everyday, that is set aside for prayer. We all need to get in our “prayer closets” and devote some time to communicating with our Father, but it would be impossible to stay there 24 hours and pray without ceasing. Obviously, we all have responsibilities that require us to get out of our prayer posture- we can’t be kneeled down, head bowed, eyes closed, and talking only to God all day, but we can be dialoguing with Him all day in our spirits.
We shouldn’t end our conversation with God once our designated prayer time is over with “the end”, but instead we should finish with “to be continued.”
How can you stay in communication with the Father all day when you have so many other things going on? You have to realize that without God you are nothing, but with Him all things are possible. You have to remain dependent upon Him. When you have your mind set on the fact that you need God, you’ll reach out to Him and spend time talking to Him whenever you get the chance. You can talk to Him under your breath or even in your head. He knows all of your thoughts and will be delighted when He hears you thinking about Him. He wants to be apart of every moment of every day! Your quiet time has to end, but your prayers do not!
- It is possible to pray without ceasing and not spend all day in your prayer closet.
- God wants to spend the entire day with me!
- The way Beau talks!
- Gus actually gave Beau a chance to pray for the food… I was shocked.
- Beau ate up all of her waffles and was very thankful for them.
- Enjoyed my morning doing some more party planning for Beau’s birthday!
- Gus taught Beau how to play police robots and they played together so well.
- My rug is vacuumed thanks to Gussy.
- Jergens Natural Glow.
- Josh bought me trash bags that smell like lavendar and they actually make the trash smell good.
- We’ve been filling lots of orders for kid’s music around here! Exciting to think about all the little kids around the country singing such awesome songs to and about Jesus.
- Reading through Highlights with Gus. He’s a little smarty pants.
- Beau’s hair is long enough I actually had to put some product in it to style it before church.
- Josh’s Uncle Brad is celebrating his birthday today. He’s gotta be one of the kindest guys in the great state of Texas.
- Gus looked so cute in his new blue and green striped shirt. His blonde hair and blue eyes looked so nice with those colors.
- We got to have Pastor Josh Hall at the Frisco campus for at least half of a year! Going to miss him greeting the kids every time we walk in the church doors, but glad North Fort Worth is just an hour away.
- 4:00 service is extra nice with the time change!
- Driving to the car with the windows rolled down.
- The spirit of healing that was so strong in the service tonight during worship.
- Healing Is In Your Hands.
- Pastor Preston came from Scottsdale to preach for all of the Texan Gatewayers.
- Great and very challenging message on reaching the lost.
- BBQ Sliders were tasty and so easy! I love my crockpot.
- Got to go on a walk with the kids after dinner.
- Gus lets Beau ride along in his Jeep Power Wheels even though he has to go at a slower speed when she’s with him.
- Seriously, this weather is so nice!
- In bed by 9:40! Yes! Been wanting to get to bed early all week and it just hasn’t happened until right… now!