My two year old daughter Beau loves babies. Her favorite Bible stories are the one about baby Jesus being born and the one about baby Moses floating in a basket. Yesterday, she added a new baby Bible story to her favorites list. The one about baby Isaac. I read the story of Abraham and Sarah to her from her Bible. We talked about how badly they wanted a baby, but they were both too old, so they had to trust God. They waited and waited and finally their son was born, proving that nothing is impossible for God! They were so happy about their new baby they named him Isaac, which means laughter. In the video I showed her after that about the same story, they had Sarah quoting this verse as she held her sweet boy in her arms,
Genesis 21:6 (NLT) And Sarah declared, “God has brought me laughter. All who hear about this will laugh with me…
It stuck with me. Especially the last part, all who hear about this will laugh with me.
I’ve heard about it and I’ve never laughed. I’ve been amazed, inspired, and challenged by the story, but I’ve never laughed about it. And I doubt you have either. But I don’t think she was saying we would read her story and laugh out loud about baby Isaac, but that we would read this story and be able to laugh when we are up against impossible circumstances.
When Sarah first received word from the Lord that she would have a child she laughed because she didn’t believe that it could ever really happen, but now she laughs for a different reason. She laughs at all the doubt and unbelief she battled over the last 25 years. She laughs because now she has living, breathing proof that God is real. She laughs because she knows that no matter what the future may hold, her God is greater, her God is stronger. She laughs because God kept and always keeps His promises.
You need to read Sarah’s story and meditate on how faithful God is so when the enemy attacks, your response will not be panic, but laughter. The big bad problem the devil dropped off on your door step is not a tragedy but a comedy.
Sarah was a virtuous woman, so it only makes since that the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 share some of her same attributes,
Proverbs 31:25 (NLT) She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Take time to laugh today. Not just at your silly kids, your favorite TV show, or your husband’s funny joke, but laugh with Sarah at the greatness of your God and the smallness of your problem.
- While teaching my little girl a Bible story, I got ministered to too!
- We can laugh with Sarah… without fear of the future.
- Our God is so very faithful!
- Beautiful sunrise.
- Dollar movie with the kids this morning at a full price theater.
- I brought our own popcorn, drinks, and candy so we only paid $3 for our morning at the big show.
- My big, roomy purse.
- Gus was sad when he realized Josh couldn’t go to the movie with us because he had to go to work. He has such a big heart.
- California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza for lunch. It was actually really tasty.
- Indoor picnics.
- Clean house!
- Our vacuum wouldn’t turn on, so I called Dyson and we still have 4 months left on our 5 year warranty. So it will be fixed free of charge!
- Purchased a new rocking chair for our nursery and got an insane deal on it. Usually a $1,175 chair before tax and I purchased it for $408 after tax! That’s less than the slip cover we were thinking of buying for our old chair.
- Got a random 15% off coupon for PBK in my inbox this morning. I’m so glad I waited until today to make the purchase.
- Our old chair. I have spent countless hours in that chair rocking, feeding, and reading to my sweet little babies.
- Get to give our first rocking chair to my niece and nephew for their nursery.
- My sweet friend Becky is celebrating her birthday today! She is one of a kind and I’m so glad she’s part of my life.
- Yancy aka as “Little Praise Party” around our house is celebrating her birthday today! Awesome lady who has blessed my kids and kids all over the world with her praise and worship songs.
- Eggs, bacon and toast for dinner.
- My family loves my eggs! All three of them told me I was the best egg maker that they know.
- Decided to go for a walk and a storm started to blow in when we were about half way home. Right when we walked into our garage it started to pour! I’m so glad we didn’t leave a minute later than when we did.
- Josh let the kids play in the driveway in the pouring rain. They had a ball!
- More rain… in July!
- My little boy is totally in love with his mamma.
- Josh gets into the nursery planning. He came home with a few ideas he thought of while he was at work today.
- In bed by 10!!
- 345 posts written, 20 more to go!! Can’t believe it!