I found out I was pregnant with my fourth little gift from God the day after my 28th birthday, April 5, 2013. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. knowing that in just a few hours I would be waiting 3 minutes to see if the little stick I peed on had one line or two. I was so hoping for two. I laid there for a little while trying to fall back asleep, but to no avail. I shot out of bed at about 5:15 and went to take my test. My husband Josh knew I was testing so he rolled out of bed, not knowing for sure what time it was. When he walked into the bathroom I had about one more minute left before it was time to check the results, so we waited together. And then after 60 long seconds we walked over to the sink, looked down at the test sitting on the counter, and we saw two pretty pink lines. It was such a sweet moment. We hugged, I cried, we rejoiced and thanked God for blessing us with another child.
We were in Tulsa staying at my in-laws house when we found out and were headed back to Tulsa that morning. The four hour drive back to our home in Texas, was filled with lots of excitement and anticipation. It such a joyful day. That night I climbed into bed and my joy turned into concern. Less than a year earlier we had to deliver our son Felix stillborn. I was spiritually prepared going into the pregnancy process after seeking God and getting the go ahead from Him and I also felt like I had a definite advantage over the enemy and the lies that he would try to torture me with. I was armed with specific scriptures God had given me and I was ready to start every day declaring God’s promises and sending the devil squirming away, but I hadn’t thought about my dreams until I laid my head down on my pillow that night.
I didn’t want the devil to be able to come against me while I was sleeping. I didn’t want to experience any nightmares or wake up feeling afraid, so I did what I felt God was leading me to do. I said a short prayer and asked God to give me sweet sleep. I prayed Psalm 4:8, a Psalm I’ve prayed over my kids many a time, In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe. And I went to sleep.
Well, that night I had a dream. And it was the exact opposite of a nightmare. I dreamed that I was sitting on the couch in our living room with a big tummy and Josh and the kids were sitting around me with their hands on it feeling the new baby’s kicks. It was so real. I woke up overwhelmed with the sweetness of my God. He not only protected my mind from bad dreams, but he gave me a wonderful one.
I never felt Felix kick. We delivered him at 20 weeks, but the doctor said he probably passed away at about 17 weeks. That dream meant so much to me. It was more confirmation from The Lord that what happened with Felix would not happen to this baby. I am 18 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and last night I felt Sunny Joone kick. Not a little flutter, that I thought might be her, but big movements that I knew without a doubt were her.
It made me think of the dream God gave me 3 months ago. He had set me up with so many precious promises while preparing for this pregnancy and then He confirmed those promises with a sweet dream.
“Confirmation is God’s memorably creative way of repeating something He’s already told you.” – Pastor Preston Morrison.
We serve a creative God who loves to confirm His written word is memorable ways. Seek confirmation! It will help you get through moments when you begin to doubt if you are doing what God has called you to do.
- April 5, 2013.
- Josh and I got to find out our happy news at the exact same time.
- All of the promises God had in His word for me about getting pregnant again.
- In peace I lie down and sleep, for the Lord keeps me safe.
- The Lord has kept dreams away and the very night I prayed over my dreams He gave me a sweet one!
- Confirmation. It’s pretty awesome getting confirmation in memorable and creative way and having it to reference back to when you begin to doubt.
- My friend JJ being pregnant was another confirmation from God, because before either of us got pregnant I felt like He told me she would get pregnant before me and she did… 3 weeks before me.
- The fact that my due date is just a few weeks before Christmas… more confirmation. The Christmas card I saw a few days after we lost Felix with me and Josh and the kids huddled around a newborn baby will be our Christmas card this year!
- Noah Was Crazy. Great message by Pastor Preston Morrison.
- I’m not too far off from sitting on the couch surrounded by my family and having them feel Sunny kick. She’s moving around as I type this.
- Got Sunny her first pair of PJs today at Target.
- Despicable Me 2 at the big show today with the fam. I totally enjoyed myself.
- Just enough light from the big screen to be able to see the kid’s faces while they were watching the movie. They both loved it.
- Beau’s minion impression while she was going potty after the moving. She had it down pretty good.
- Cheaper tickets when you see the first showing of the day.
- Beau let me hold her sweet little hand through the movie.
- Got lots of work done this afternoon for KBM.
- Got to grocery shop alone! Josh and the kids came with me, but he took them to look at toys while I was getting everything on my list.
- So awesome having Josh to load and unload the groceries in the 103 degree heat!
- Gus wore his red Ninja Turtle Mask to the grocery store and didn’t take it off until we came back home and he went outside to swim.
- Josh put all the groceries away while I made dinner.
- Fridge and pantry are full!
- Yummy black bean burritos for dinner. Everyone asked for seconds!
- Listening to Josh read to the kids. He did bath time and bed time stories for me tonight.
- Finding a stuffed animal of Beau’s tucked in in every room upstairs. She’s a good little mamma.
- Date night at home with Josh.
- Thought we lost one of Gus’ DS games this afternoon, but he had just left it at Nana’s. He was so relieved.