Daniel 2:5-6 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, “My decision is firm: if you do not make known the dream to me, and its interpretation, you shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made an ash heap. However, if you tell the dream and its interpretation, you shall receive from me gifts, rewards, and great honor. Therefore tell me the dream and its interpretation.
Talk about a stressful job. King Nebuchadnezzar wants his dream interpreted and if the magicians, the astrologers, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans he’s brought in can’t do that, they will be cut in pieces and their houses will be burned to the ground. I can’t imagine the amount of pressure these people must have been under. I’m sure some of them were thinking okay if I can just come up with the most creative interpretation I’ll be fine, but then Nebuchadnezzar realizes that someone might be tempted to do just that so he decides to up the ante. He commands them to tell him not only the interpretation of his dream, but what his dream was! No way someone could make that up!
The men he brought in told him that was impossible and he had them all killed and commanded all of the other “wise men” who weren’t present be killed. Daniel was one of those wise men and he didn’t feel like His time on earth was up yet, so He bravely asked the King to give him some time so he could try to interpret the dream. The King agreed. God revealed Nebuchadnezzar’s dream to Daniel in a night vision and God totally blew Nebuchadnezzar’s mind as Daniel described his dream word for word and interpreted each part.
There are Daniel’s words to God after God answered his prayer and gave him the night vision of the dream that saved his life.
“Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
He reveals deep and secret things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And light dwells with Him.
“I thank You and praise You,
O God of my fathers;
You have given me wisdom and might,
And have now made known to me what we asked of You,
For You have made known to us the king’s demand.”
It’s unlikely that you’ve even been in a situation like the one Daniel found himself in, but I’m sure you have gone through or will go through a time when the heat is on! You have a decision to make and you feel like your future depends on it. You need God to speak. You need Him to illuminate the answer for you. You need to know where to go from here and how to get there. Your life may not literally depend on the decision you need to make, but it’s a big deal for you and your family. You are to quote Queen, “under pressure.”
Take a deep breath and realize that the same God who showed Daniel exactly what he needed to see will help you see what you need to see in order to make the right decision. Go to God like Daniel did and expect an answer… an answer you can stake your life on. He will make Daniel’s words, your words. You will be the one saying “I thank you and praise you, O God; You have given me wisdom and might, and have made known to me what I asked of you.”
- Wisdom is His!
- Might is His!
- He gives wisdom and knowledge.
- He revels secret things.
- Light dwells with Him!
- The same God who showed Daniel what he needed to see can show us the things we need to see.
- Josh sent me Daniel’s prayer a few mornings ago. What great verses to confess every day.
- Monsters University day!
- Beau did great for her very first time at the big show. She sat still the whole time.
- We know the ropes a lot better now than we did when we took Gus to his first movie. I felt very prepared with my little popcorn cups for each of the kids, their own snack boxes, sippy cups from home. Went very smooth.
- Mike & Sully mouth suckers lasted the kids almost the whole movie.
- My huge purse. We can get a lot snacks in that thing and save a lot of money.
- We all really enjoyed the movie. Thank you Pixar for another great one!
- Got a Gus & Beau guide prepared for Aunt Brookie and Nana & Papa since they will be taking care of them while we are in Santa Barbara! I know we’ll miss them, but I’m excited for 4 nights just me and Josh!
- Laundry caught up!
- Soaked up some sun and watched the kids play in their kiddie pool all afternoon.
- Surprised Gus with a Bane Lego mini figure to go with his Batman. He was elated!
- Josh spent a lot of his afternoon mowing the front and back yard which had turned into a jungle. Really, really glad I’m not the one who has to mow.
- Josh was able to fix our weed eater instead of having to buy a new one.
- Breakfast for dinner.
- Wheel Of Fortune.
- Beau told me she loved me all the way to sky.
- Good prayer time with Josh.
- When you are praying and you know God is giving you the words. He said some good stuff tonight!
- Good conversation with Josh.
- Date night at home with Josh.
- Sweet Zoe is celebrating her 4th birthday!! I still remember the happy day we found out her mom was pregnant with her!