10 months ago to the day I went in for a routine 20 week ultrasound and left heart broken. I can still see Felix’s little face on the monitor. His face was there, but his spirit was not. The flickering little light that indicates life was absent. My womb had turned into a tomb. I delivered him stillborn four days later.
I knew our family was not complete, but I didn’t know if I would ever have enough faith to be pregnant again. It was hard to even imagine, but a few hours after the delivery God put an intense desire in my heart for another child and He let me know He could get me to the place I needed to be to have a happy, healthy, torment-free pregnancy.
About a week later I was outside of a tire shop, waiting for my husband when God showed me a Christmas card. It was our family Christmas card. A beautiful photo of Me, Josh, Gus & Beau huddled around a new born baby with HUGE smiles on our faces. I wrote the vision down in my journal and I knew in my spirit that in 2013 we would send that card out.
Today I went in for an 8 week ultrasound. Flickering little light: Present! Due date: December 12, 2013. We will be cutting it close, but we WILL send out that Christmas card.
These verses greatly ministered to me during the first few weeks after losing Felix, and I felt led to share them today.
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.
God is a giver of new songs. He wants to turn your sad story into a happy one, one that gives Him glory and honor, one that is SO good that it builds up the faith of anyone who hears it.
I’m amazed at God’s goodness and faithfulness and excited that the giver of life has blessed us with another precious arrow. Thank you to all of you who have been believing with us and cheering us on. We would love it if you would continue to pray for us and our growing baby.
- (Or #7,642 is you start from the beginning)… Blount baby #4! Our Sunray!
- I will have a newborn to hold this Christmas.
- The Christmas card vision God gave me. He is awesome!!
- The flickering little light was present today.
- God is the giver of life. Children are a gift from Him. Amazing!
- The peace God has flooded my heart with since finding out on April 5th.
- All of the people who have been praying and believing with us.
- Gus is going to be big brother… again!
- Beau is going to be a big sister!!
- Gus was so excited and thanked God when he heard the big news.
- Very smooth pregnancy so far.
- I no longer have to try to conceal my baby bump. Can’t believe how quickly it popped out this time.
- The belly band.
- Preggie pop drops.
- God is a restorer. What HE has done in our lives over the last 10 months only HE could have done.
- Got an ultrasound picture of my little blueberry sized baby to keep in my prayer journal.
- Briana watched the kids for us this morning so Josh & I could go to the doctor alone.
- My new doctor is great! First time for Josh to meet him and he really liked him too.
- I did not have to pay anything today and won’t have to pay for any of my appointments! HUGE blessing!
- Got to read “What’s Inside” to Beau tonight. Read it to Gus when I was pregnant with her.
- Josh had to work at the Southlake campus tonight so he took Gus with him and they had a great guys night out.
- Took Beau out to eat at 5th Street Cafe for a girls night out. She is so fun to have one on one.
- Blueberry cupcake to celebrate our big day!
- Beau invited the little girl sitting at the table behind us to the playground. She is super friendly.
- Watching Beau run and skip and sing at the park. She is one happy little girl! It’s impossible to watch her play and not smile.
- Had a sweet, sweet time worshipping God tonight. He showed me some amazing things. My heart is so full.
- All of the congratulations and love and excitement that was sent our way today via phone calls, Facebook, and text message. Feeling very loved.