Last week Tim Tebow got released from the New York Jets and his first Tweet after the news broke was this,
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding…in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Obviously a confusing time for the quarterback I’d most want for a son in law, but what a powerful faith statement.
Yesterday, America had it’s “National Day of Prayer” and the second part of Tebow’s tweet kept playing in my head as I was thinking about our nation: In all your ways acknowledge Him.
Does our nation honor God in ANY way anymore? It doesn’t seem like it. Gay rights activists worked hard to keep Pastor Greg Laurie from being able to pray at the event from Washington D.C., because he preaches what the Bible teaches about marriage- it’s made up of one woman and one man, and homosexual conduct is a sin. At Obama’s inauguration Pastor Louie Giglio was banned from praying for the same reasons. How can an administration be blessed when it does not acknowledge God?
The Pentagon wants to court martial soldiers who share their Christian faith, teachers banned from saying the name of Jesus in public schools, more than 50 million abortions have been performed in the US since the legalization of abortion in 1973 , gay marriage is legal in nine states and counting. America is in bad shape, really, really bad shape. Our nation doesn’t just not acknowledge God in all of it’s ways, but it goes out of it’s way to offend Him.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud to be an American, but I’m not proud of what my country is becoming. It’s obvious that our paths have become extremely crooked and it seems as if they will just continue to get worse. BUT, that doesn’t mean that in the midst of all of the crooked paths in America that God won’t make a straight path for His people, the people who really do acknowledge Him in all of their ways.
I think Gill’s Exposition defines what it means to acknowledge God perfectly: “set him before thee; have him always in view; consider him as ever present with thee, observing every step thou takest; and take not one step without his leave, and without his advice; ask wisdom of him who gives liberally; consult his word, and make the Scriptures thy counsellors, or the men of thy counsel, take him as your guide; observe the footsteps of his providence; follow the Lamb wheresoever he goes; walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit; when things go cross and adverse, and not to your mind, submit to his sovereignty; and be still and know that he is God, that does all things right, for his own glory and his people’s good, and when things succeed, give him the glory of all; own his hand in it, and the bounty of it; acknowledge that all you have, in providence and grace, come from him”
I want a straight path for me and my family, thank God it’s up to me and not up to the people responsible for all of the crookedness in America.
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord! We will acknowledge Him in ALL of our ways and we will walk a straight path, no matter what. When you pray for America pray that we will be a country that acknowledges God in all of our ways. I know it seems impossible, but with God nothing is impossible!
- When we acknowledge God, our paths our straight.
- With God nothing is impossible.
- Me and my house will serve the Lord, no matter what.
- Greg Laurie did not back down and did pray at the Pentagon today.
- The awesome explanation of what it means to really acknowledge God from Gill’s.
- I was born in America!
- Tebow! We need more guys like him in the spotlight.
- Josh let Beau ride along with him & Gus to preschool this morning.
- Alone time to put my makeup on.
- Alone time turned into a sweet time in God’s presence.
- Cold enough for a delicious bowl of tomato soup.
- Made the best grilled cheese sandwich I’ve ever made today.
- Beau playing waitress and waiting on Dad. Man, she’s fun.
- Made a haul at H&M today. So thankful we have one so close!
- Lots of summer dresses for Beau.
- Shorts and some cute t-shirts for Gus.
- Awesome jacket for Josh for only $15!
- I even got a new outfit. Whoo!
- Beau always wakes up SO sweet… even if she’s not done sleeping.
- My friend Allie is in Hawaii right now! Love that place! Living vicariously through her this week.
- Smell of rain tonight.
- Able to pull into the garage and not get soaked by all of the rain.
- Paula Deen’s scrambled eggs tonight. Fantastic!
- 89 days ’til Santa Barbara!
- I haven’t changed a dirty diaper in months! Yay for Beau!
- Gus was so pumped about his new Sonic t-shirt he told me he was probably never going to take it off.
- Beau is adorable… even with the black eye the swing set gave her yesterday.