My two year old daughter feels the need to tell me every time I strap her in her carseat that she is stuck. “Mamma, I’m stuck!” she says, and tries to wiggle her way out of the harnesses. After I tell her she’s fine, then she’s fine.
She isn’t old enough to realize that she’s not stuck, she’s secure. The harnesses that get on her nerves are the same harnesses that are keeping her from flailing around the back of the car and getting hurt. In this case “stuck” is good!
In Exodus 14 the Israelites had made it safely across the parted Red Sea, but now the Egyptians were in full pursuit of them.
Verses 22-25 (MSG) ….every horse and chariot and driver of Pharaoh racing into the middle of the sea. It was now the morning watch. God looked down from the Pillar of Fire and Cloud on the Egyptian army and threw them into a panic. He clogged the wheels of their chariots; they were stuck in the mud.
This is another case where “stuck” is good! The wheels on the Egyptian’s chariots were not meant for off-roading, therefore they got very stuck in the mud of the Red Sea, therefore when the walls of water came crashing back down the riders and all of Pharaoh’s army got very dead… not one of them survived.
You may feel like your wheels are stuck in the mud or you are stuck in your carseat, but maybe it’s a good kind of stuck. Maybe you aren’t quite ready for the next step that you want to happen so badly. You’re not stuck, you’re secure.
Don’t try to wiggle out of the harnesses that God has put in place to keep you safe, just sit still and enjoy the ride. God wants you to know what I want my daughter to know, “You aren’t stuck, you’re just fine. You are right where you are supposed to be.”
Stuck kept the Israelites safe. Stuck keeps Beau safe. Stuck could be keeping you safe. Trust in God’s timing. Trust in His provision. Trust in His plan for your life, and when it’s safe to take the harnesses off of you, He will.
“There is a timing for all things in our lives, and there is safety in being in God’s perfect timing.” – Joyce Meyer
- God will keep us “secure” until we are ready for the next step.
- There is a safety in being in God’s perfect timing! So true, so good!
- Not one of the Egyptians survived. The God that did that is on my side!
- Beau’s carseat keeps her safe while we are driving around town.
- Extra hour of sleep this morning.
- Kids were no talk and all smiles this morning eating their leftover 5th Street blueberry pancakes.
- Curious George Swings Into Spring. Cute movie that both kids LOVE!
- Snuggling up in-between Gus & Beau while they watched George.
- Josh did a fantastic job at the special picture frame hanging project I gave him for Beau’s room. What would I do without him?
- The project turned out even cuter than I imagined. It really added to Beau’s room.
- I saved $50 on the frames and $20 on the prints.
- The bubble wrap that kept the kids very entertained while we worked on the project.
- Friday afternoon movie. Space Buddies. Awful movie, but wonderful company.
- Sabbath Friday naps!
- Josh found 2 new awesome pairs of shoes for Augustus. That kid is stylin’!
- The sweet lady at Sephora who helped me pick out some new makeup and brushes and taught me how to use all of it.
- Free Sephora birthday lip gloss!
- Gus’ favorite place at the mall… Barnes & Noble. I love that he loves books.
- Tasty Garden = tasty dinner!
- Josh treated the kids to Braum’s for dessert.
- I treated myself to a grapefruit. It was very satisfying!
- Gus forgives quickly.
- The shirt design I voted for for our family reunion in July was the big winner!
- I have a really fun family… creative too!
- My mom sent me a message after she read my blog about bowing and let me know my Grandpa Wagner was always the last one at church to get off of his knees and leave the altar on Sunday nights. Made my heart happy and made me wish I could give him a hug.
- Josh took a break from the draft and we had a fun night watching our favorite shows.
- Little Mommy. I used to have that book when I was little. I bought it for Beau today and she wanted to read it three times before bed, so we did.