My mom is an expert with a needle and thread. She can sew anything. She knows how to make her own patterns and she is a natural behind her sewing machine. She made all of my bridesmaids’ dresses, wedding dresses for my sisters, Halloween costumes, prom dresses, etc.
I didn’t inherit her sewing gene. I just got my first needle and thread a few months ago, I am more of a fabric glue kind of a gal. So, I don’t know much about sewing, but I do know from watching my mom that good lighting is important. Every good sewing machine has a nice, bright light that shines down on whatever you are working on so that you can see better. It would be pretty difficult, if not impossible to sew a button onto a shirt or hem a pair of pants in the dark. I doubt many people would even be able to thread a needle without some light.
Psalm 139:15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
We were all intricately wrought in one of the darkest places known to man… the womb. There are no lamps in there, not even candles, just darkness, yet God was able to perfectly knit us together, right there.
I’m pretty sure I learned about this in 7th grade, but was more grossed out by it than interested back then, so a few months ago I watched a video on YouTube about the very delicate process of human egg fertilization. I was fascinated when I saw the 23 male chromosomes and the 23 female chromosomes coming together in the final phase of fertilization. In that moment a unique genetic code is created and instantly the hair color, eye color, gender and hundreds of other characteristics are determined. It was like watching what whoever wrote Psalm 139 must have been invisioning whenever they wrote verse 15. I don’t know how people can watch a process like that and not be convinced that there is a God!
God literally thread my life together in an instant and He did it in the darkness of my mothers womb. He was able to create a unique, beautiful, colorful, tapestry using the best and finest thread, just like He did whenever He created you… and you… and you too. He is quite and artist and you are His masterpiece.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
He knit you together so you can do what He has called you to do, and even though He did it in the dark, He didn’t mess up. He gave you the perfect DNA to do His perfect will for your life.
28 years ago I came out of the darkness out of my mothers womb and into a brightly lit hospital room, God looking on as His secret design for me was being seen for the first time by my mom and dad. I’m thankful for the way He knit me together. I’m thankful, the one who formed the purple mountains majesty, the amber waves of grain and spacious skies, calls me His masterpiece.
Our lives a tapestry of grace
Your hand has weaved together
In You no thread will ever fray
This hope is ours forever
Your work of art a mystery
Beyond all earthly measure
Your love for us a masterpiece
Jesus our hope always (Hillsong United – Tapestry)
- God knit me together in my mothers womb!
- God calls me His masterpiece.
- In Him no thread will every fray.
- Came downstairs this morning with two of the sweetest kids in the world wishing me happy birthday!
- I got a really cute Kate Spade iPhone case and a ridiculously tasty chocolate pretzel brownie from Josh.
- The kids got me some pretty new bracelets.
- Kristi Beers sent me the sweetest e-mail ever. It messed up my eye make up, but it made me smile too!
- My mom and dad got me a new wallet and sunglasses from Fossil.
- Birthday money from Nana & Papa, Brooke & Scott, and my grandmas!
- Got to go to Panera with My mom, Nana & Papa, Josh, and the kids for lunch.
- Really enjoyed my afternoon getting Beau’s party all set up.
- The bows my mom made for Minnie’s “Beau” tique looked so cute!
- We had a great turn out for Beau’s party!!
- Kupcakz did a great job on Beau’s Minnie’s cupcakes.
- Aunt Brookie let Gus come over and play this afternoon while I was busy decorating.
- Nana & Papa got Beau her own Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chair.
- Grammy & Grampy got Beau lots of really great spring outfits. Can’t wait to see her in them.
- Aunt Amy got Beau enough bubbles to last all summer and some bubble guns for her and Gus.
- Aunt Mindy got Beau a bag full of Minnie goodies including her Minnie headphones, complete with a big Minnie bow.
- Aunt Becky got Beau a Minnie Mouse dress up dress and Minnie Mouse light up high heels.
- Aunt Stefanie got Beau a pile of great books.
- Uncle Zach & Aunt Tosha got Beau finger paints, a new color wonder book, and a pink boa.
- Courtney & Justin got Beau a princess makeup/hair kit.
- Aunt Brookie got Beau Tangled on Blu Ray.
- Great grandmas gave Beau some spending money.
- I have a wonderful family and I’m so glad I got to see all of them today on my birthday as we celebrated Beau’s birthday.
- All of the people who text messaged, emailed, and sent birthday messages on FB. Felt very loved today!