In Luke 24 after Jesus has risen from the grave and appeared to Mary Magdalene He does some eavesdropping. Two disciples were traveling to a village called Emmaus, which was 7 miles from Jerusalem, and they were engaged in a deep conversation along the way. Jesus was able to listen in without them knowing He was there until He just couldn’t resist… He had to get in on this, so He becomes visible and casually asks them,
“What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?”
They can’t believe this guy hasn’t heard about “the things” that have been going on in Jerusalem the past few days.
Jesus knows all too well about the things that have happened, He knows better than anyone, yet He asks, “What things?”
Jesus gets them to describe all of “the things” that have been happening and to admit that the reason they are sad is because they haven’t seen Him. They weren’t sure if He was really who He claimed to be. They weren’t sure if he really rose from the dead. They weren’t sure if what Mary told them was accurate. They were noticeably sad and it was all because of their unbelief.
I love what Jesus tells them next,
Luke 24:25 “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
These guys would eventually believe, because they would eventually recognize that the man that they had been talking to was Jesus, but their hearts were slow in getting there. Jesus wanted them to have hearts that were quick to believe… hearts that didn’t need physical proof to trust, hearts that were full of faith!
Hebrews 11:1 (GWORD) Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.
Jesus eavesdrops on me all the time. He know what I am going to say even before I know what I’m going to say. He knows the conversations I have with my husband. He knows the conversations I have with myself. If He were to show up disguised as someone else would my conversation with Him show that I was slow of heart to believe or the opposite? I hope the opposite. I don’t want to have a heart that has to have tangible evidence of something before I can believe, I want to have a heart that believes first and then sees!
John 20:29 (AMP) …Blessed and happy and to be envied are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and trusted and relied on Me.
I want to be blessed and happy and envied and I know everyone reading wants the same things. God desires our trust, our faith, a quick heart, not a slow one. Take Him at His word, believe before you see and blessing will follow- it’s a promise!
- When I have a quick to believe heart I can be blessed, happy, and envied.
- We have been given all the faith we will ever need.
- Luke recorded Jesus’ interaction with the two disciples on the way to Emmaus.
- Resurrection Day!!!
- Watching the kids little faces light up as they were going through their Easter baskets this morning.
- Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.
- My mom used to make us the best Easter baskets with all of the best candy!
- Got to teach a fun Easter service with lots of excited 5 year olds!
- Gus & Beau got to stay home with Nana & Papa this morning.
- Beau took a nice, long nap.
- I got to take a little nap after church.
- The kids had a great time hunting Easter eggs this afternoon. Turned out to be a beautiful day!
- Beau can walk this year! This was the first Easter she was really into the hunt. She did good and looked adorable doing it.
- All the rain we’ve been getting. Love all the green that’s showing up around town.
- 92 salvations in Gateway Kids at the Frisco campus this weekend!
- 900 kids attended Gateway Frisco over the weekend!
- Found out my friend Joleen is expecting her first baby!
- Got to see Brad & Amy’s very new little girl today. She was so precious, I cried. Children truly are gifts from the Lord.
- Traditional Easter dinner at Pappadeaux with Nana & Papa.
- Papa and I split the very tasty crawfish trio!
- The waiter told us since our desserts took a while to get to the table they were all free! So sweet of them!
- Key lime pie!
- Lindsay Cochran bought Beau the nicest little birthday gift and she got Gus something special too! They are big fans of hers!
- All of my family in Tulsa got to be together to celebrate Easter… I missed them, but it made me happy knowing they were celebrating together.
- March was a good month! A fast month, but a good month!
- Hanging out and watching some Duck Dynasty tonight.
- Kids looked so cute in their new PJs from Grammy & Grampy and were thrilled to get to wear them to bed tonight.