A few days ago I wrote about the notorious criminal Barabbas who was chosen to be released over Jesus. Pilate, the governor at that time knew that Jesus was innocent and seemed confused by the crowd’s decision, but afraid that a riot was about to break out, Pilate agreed to crucify Jesus. Then, he sent for a bowl of water and washed his hands before the crowd saying, “I am innocent of this man’s blood. The responsibility is yours!”
The crowd, obviously under the power of darkness, replied, “His blood is upon us and upon our children!” They took full responsibility for the murder of Jesus Christ and they even threw their kids under the bus too.
Little did they know that the blood of Jesus wasn’t your typical O positive blood. The blood of Jesus was the only thing that could completely erase their sin. The blood of Jesus was the only thing that could save them and their children from the wrath of God. After what they had just done, demanding that God’s only son be crucified, the blood of Jesus was exactly what they would need to be “on” them and their children.
Just a few hours earlier, at the last supper, Jesus explained the significance of His blood.
Matthew 26:28 (NLT) for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.
The blood of Jesus is our victory! The blood of Jesus is the reason I have a covenant with God the father. The blood of Jesus is the reason that sin has no power over me. There is power in the blood of Jesus, we overcome by the blood of the lamb! If only the people who put Jesus up that cross realized that, their sins would have been forgiven and the blood of Jesus being on them would have been a glorious thing.
Realize, you had a part to play in putting Jesus up on that cross too, every person who has ever lived had a part to play in it. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God so we have all had Jesus’ blood on us, but the moment you make Him Lord of your life, you go from being responsible for the murder of God’s son to being one of God’s sons… or daughters. He welcomes you into His family and covers you with His blood.
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
- The blood of Jesus that covers me and my children.
- I was once far off, but I have been brought near and have entered into a covenant with God the father.
- O The Blood – one of my favorite Gateway worship songs ever.
- Nothing But The Blood/O The Blood of Jesus Niccodemus style.
- Got to surprise my little 2 year old with a birthday party complete with balloons, cupcakes, baby roses, presents and all of her favorite stuffed animal friends.
- Gus was SO excited about his sisters birthday he lost about 4 hours of sleep last night.
- Beau loved her new Rapunzel dress. She looked so cute in such a fancy dress.
- The balloons were her favorite part of the morning. She played with them all morning.
- Gus & Beau got to play with her new Minnie’s Bow-tique tent for a little while before he had to go to school.
- Cupcakes for breakfast!
- Gus had a great day at school even though I’m sure he was very sleepy!
- Josh cleaned the entire upstairs for me.
- Beau’s friends Ava & Olivia bought her a Minnie Mouse makeup kit that she adored. It was so fun watching her blow dry her hair and put lipstick on in her little Minnie mirror.
- Beau likes to pretend to be me! So sweet!
- Mee Mee Rudy sent Beau an Elmo card and some birthday cash!
- The Halls brought Beau a pretty little shirt!
- Beau got so much love on Facebook today.
- My mom called and left the happy birthday song on my voicemail for Beau to listen to… one of her favorite songs. She loved it.
- Got to face time with Nana & Papa for a little while this morning.
- My friend Sayra left me the sweetest note and two bracelets that are not only cute, but have the sweetest meaning behind them.
- I am 3 for 3 on my American Idol kick off predictions! Victory is sweet!
- Dinner with the Halls before they head to Fort Worth next week.
- Watched some home videos of the kids with Josh before bed tonight. Laughed and cried. I love those kids, just can’t believe how fast they are growing up.
- Gus was cracking up trying to tell me that one of his friends at school calls his booty his “patootie.” He makes me smile.
- My bracket is still looking good! It looks like I’m going to do better than Josh once again.
- The high school my brother teaches at and my niece attends was forced into lockdown this afternoon, but it was just a hoax. No one was hurt!
- Our big dining room table. 8 sat comfortably around it tonight and we had room for more!