For an early Christmas gift last year I got a Jawbone Jambox. If you are a follower of my blog then you’ve probably seen it make my thank you list a few times and that’s because I love it! It’s a wireless speaker that you can sync your phone, tablet, or computer to. It’s advertised as the “ultra portable speaker” and it’s lived up to that for me. To get the Jambox to work you have to flip a switch and wait for a lady with a nice voice to say, “Jambox is in pairing mode… waiting for device to connect” and then you get whatever device you want it to connect to, sync the two up using Bluetooth and wah lah! You can take your little speaker upstairs, downstairs, outside, in the car or wherever you want to listen to it and all without wires or having to lug around a big stereo on your shoulder.
The other day when the lady in the Jambox told me that it was in pairing mode and waiting for a device to connect, I thought about how Jesus is always in pairing mode. He’s always looking for someone to connect with.
2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him…
God is constantly scanning the earth looking for those who are fully committed to Him. When He finds them He connects with them and gives them strength, His own strength. My iPhone on it’s own is not the greatest thing to listen to music through, but when I sync it with the Jambox the sound grows stronger. When we are not synced with God we aren’t operating in His strength and without his strength we will not be able to live the victorious life that He has called us to live. We all love to quote Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, but I think we forget that if we want to receive that strength we have to be synced up with the Lord, and that means that we have to be living our lives fully committed to Him.
I imagine at the start of each new day Jesus turns on His pairing mode and waits…. waits to see who is ready to sync up with Him, waits to see who He is going to get to show Himself strong to, waits to see who is going to go through their day without a bunch of wires and extra weight holding them back, waits to see whose heart is totally committed to Him, and then He find them! A connection is made, and their day is amplified with His goodness!
I think what He’s trying to tell us in 2 Chronicles 16:9 is “Jesus is in pairing mode…. waiting for you to connect.”
- Jesus is always in pairing mode… always searching for those He can connect with.
- He gives His strength to those who commit their lives to Him.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
- There is an ultimate note in the heart of the Christian. It is the note of conscious victory through Jesus Christ. – John G Lake
- How The Day Sounds… one my favorite songs to listen to with my Jambox.
- Josh got to sleep in Beau’s big girl bed with her for a few hours this morning and it made both of them very happy.
- Saturday morning cartoons.
- Josh set up painting stations for the kids and kept them busy while I took a shower.
- I got to go grocery shopping… alone!!
- Kroger is less than 2 minutes from my house.
- Beau took a nice long nap this afternoon.
- Had some time to get our house back in order after a crazy week.
- Great reminder from Pastor Preston via Twitter “Never complain about a “long week”…there are some earnestly praying they get to see the end of it.”
- Found a comfy little spot in Gus’ room to write this afternoon.
- The way Beau tilts her head to the side when she’s wanting to be extra sweet.
- Gus always tells me I’m beautiful, so now Beau is always telling me I’m “Boo-ful.”
- Back at Gateway Frisco tonight!
- Sweet time in God’s presence during worship.
- Our praise and worship team is so gifted!
- Great message by Pastor Robert. Excited to start our new pledge for “Heart For The Kingdom!”
- The kids had hearts full of the word and mouths full of cookies on the way home.
- Watching Beau’s unbelievably sweet motherly instincts kick in when Gus fell down the stairs. She was so sweet making sure he was okay and giving him lots of love and sympathy.
- All caught up on laundry.
- Finally got Beau on video doing her word declaration.
- Since Beau is in her big girl bed now when we go check on the kids before we get in bed we can actually reach her and give her sweet little head a kiss.
- Josh is always the first to read my blog and he always tells me it was awesome.
- Remembered to get baby soap on the way home from church so I could clean my sticky kids.