Every time I go to Babies R Us and see the signs in the parking lot that read “this spot is reserved for expectant mothers” I’m always tempted to park in those spots. Not because I’m always pregnant, but because I am always expecting!
Everyone is expectant if you really stop and think about it. My daughter Beau was expecting to get to ride the Elmo firetruck when we pulled in to the parking lot. I was expecting to find a gift for my sister in law. A grandpa was expecting to find a toy for his grandson. The new mom was expecting to find the perfect rocking chair for her nursery. Everyone who entered the store today was expecting… weather they were aware of it or not.
Philippians 1:20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but will all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
I love this verse. Paul is in chains, yet he is earnestly expecting a move from God. The Greek expresses to earnestly expect as “expectation with uplifted head and outstretched neck.” Paul is not just sitting around waiting for something to happen he is eagerly desiring God to do something amazing like a baby bird eagerly desires its mother to drop some food its mouth. His head is lifted up and his neck is stretched toward heaven in earnest expectation.
I think sometimes we are afraid to expect things of God or maybe we think it’s rude… I mean after all, He did already send His one and only son to die for us, isn’t that enough? Of course Jesus is enough, but there is nothing wrong with expecting God to work in your life. He wants us to expect great things from Him because He loves to show us how great He is!
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. This lets us know that it’s okay to ask and think and expect things from God, because if we aren’t asking or thinking about the things we would like to see Him do then how will it be possible for him to go exceedingly abundantly above those things?
If I want to do something just completely over the top for my son, I need him to have an expectation first. If I take him to Braum’s and he’s expecting an ice cream cone and I get him a banana split with extra cherries on top he will know that I have gone exceedingly abundantly above what he was expecting.
God wants us to wake up everyday earnestly expecting, to get out of bed with an uplifted head and an outstretched neck, in hopes that He is going to go beyond our wildest dreams. Ask, think, and expect great things of God so he can show you greater things!
- God wants to go above and beyond all that we ask or think.
- He’s able to go above and beyond all that we ask or think!
- We can wake up earnestly expecting God to do great things in our lives.
- Babies R Us for being so thoughtful to offer close spots to all the “expecting” mammas.
- I got what I was expecting… a gift for my little nephew who will make his entrance into the world on Friday!
- Sweet little fluffy haired Gus climbing into my chair and resting on me while I finished my quiet time.
- Beau’s goal at lunch was making everyone who laid eyes on her smile… she achieved it.
- She never gets her feelings hurt when someone mistakes her for a boy. Crazy people! She’s way too pretty to be a boy!
- In N Out! Seriously, it’s so awesome I can just go there for lunch whenever I want to.
- Clean house!
- Beau was so happy to get a $1 thing of new bubbles.
- Beau picked out her outfit today and she looked adorable. Who says it has to be raining to wear your favorite green rain boots?
- Another beautiful afternoon!
- Gus told me they talked about how much God loved them at school today.
- Gus got a pretty bad black eye today when he ran into something at recess, but his actual eye was protected.
- Beau comes in the kitchen every night while I’m making dinner and asks me “whatcha makin?” She was excited when I answered with egg rolls.
- Everyone enjoyed their dinner and both kids cleaned their plates.
- Josh brought home surprise ice cream sandwiches and totally made the kids night!
- We found Gus’ bat mobile that has been missing for months!
- Pushing my big girl on the swing.
- My last few nights reading to Beau in the nursery rocking chair.
- I had 2 great showers when I was pregnant with Beau and she had such a pretty nursery thanks to all of our family and friends.
- New Elephant & Piggie Book “Let’s Go For A Drive.”
- The bubbles only cost $1. Gus spilled them after about 30 seconds of them being opened.
- Very relaxing night in bed watching one of my favorite shows with my favorite person.
- Josh got out of bed to check on the kids and set the alarm when neither of us felt like doing it.
- Got Beau laughing so hard tonight she could barely breath.