When Josh and I first got married we would go over to his parents house almost every Monday to watch Monday Night Football… that was when John Madden was still annoucing and it was still good. Sometimes we would just watch the game and eat pizza but often times we would get into talking about God’s word. I remember feeling so intimidated by how much my mother in law knew and how spiritual she was. If you know her, you know she’s a beast! I figured she was just really special and I was blessed to have someone like that in my life, but there was no way I would ever get the kind of stuff that she gets out of the word. I guess I had never understood what Jesus said in Mark 4:24.
Mark 4:24 (Amp) And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you—and more [besides] will be given to you who hear.
We serve a fair God, a God who does not play favorites. He does not give more virtue and knowledge to certain people because he loves them more than he loves anyone else. My mother-in-law is special, but she didn’t get her Godly wisdom and her extremely close relationship with God based on that, she has the type of relationship with Him that she has because she invests into it!
The measure of thought and study she gave to the Word of God was a BIG measure, so in return she got a BIG measure of virtue and knowledge. My Pastor is the same way. He blows me away sometimes with how well he knows the word of God. It’s not because God loves Him more than me or anyone else it’s because God is fair. Since my Pastor spends a lot of time in the word, God has blessed him with a lot of virtue and knowledge.
It works the same for everyone. If you want more knowledge and understanding of the word, the spend more time hearing, studying, and thinking about the word. The measure that you give, will be the measure that comes back to you, and YOU get to pick the measure!
I’ve amazed myself over the last 191 days. Who knew I had this much time to spend studying the word of God? I sure didn’t, but I’m so glad I figured it out! I’ve never put forth this kind of effort in studying and I’ve never had as much virtue and knowledge as I do now. Jesus wasn’t kidding! You get to pick the measure, pick as big of one as you can!
- Mark 4:24… that’s some good stuff from the mouth of Jesus!
- I decided to pick out the biggest measuring cup I could find this year and in return I’ve received back with the biggest measure.
- I’m not intimated by Trudi anymore, but inspired by her!
- It is possible to spend lots of time studying God’s word if you make it a priority.
- God is fair!
- We were the first people at the Disney Store this morning so Beau got to preform the opening ceremonies and even got a special Mickey Mouse necklace.
- Picking out Valentines presents for the kids from Nana & Papa.
- The huge smile a $2 carousel ride brought to Beau’s face.
- Beau is just potty trained now! It’s so awesome. She just goes out in public in her big girl undies, never has accidents. So proud of her.
- I asked Beau how she got to be so smart today to which she replied, “Gus!”
- Pre ordered our copy of “Wreck It Ralph” and it was only $14 for the blu ray! Can’t wait for that movie night!
- Chic fil a!
- Our mall has an ice skating rink. We love to watch the ice skaters when we eat lunch there.
- Covered parking.
- Crisp and rainy morning.
- Gus had an all green day at school!
- Made up a new game with Gus called “Knock Your Block Off.” It involves robots, blocks, and destroying stuff. He loved it.
- Left overs for dinner!
- Hearing Josh sing “How Much Is That Doggy In The Window” to Beau. So sweet!
- Great evening with the great pastor’s wives of Gateway Frisco.
- Good word from Cheri about what it really means to be faithful.
- Got to take home some yummy fruit.
- Josh wrapped all of the kids Valentine’s packages for me.
- Catching up with Josh and hearing about his day.
- I wrote two blogs this afternoon and they came so easily… so nice when that happens.
- Made an awesome playlist for our Valentine’s date tomorrow night. Can’t wait!!
- Having some alone time in the car tonight. I chose to blast “Ho Hey” as loud as possible on repeat on my way to and from my meeting and enjoyed every minute of it.