When Josh and I started dating I was not very cultured in the area of food. I have 6 siblings so fine dining was out of the question for us. I grew up eating Sonic brown bag specials, Josh grew up eating steak and lobster. I don’t think I had ever even tasted lobster until I met Josh.
On one of our first dates he took me to get sushi. I wanted so badly to like it because I knew that it was his very favorite food, but the idea of eating raw fish disgusted me… I would have rather had an extra long cheese coney, but because I trusted him I decided to go for it. I decided to taste the sushi! I didn’t like it at first, but I wanted to impress Josh so I kept tasting and finally found a roll that I actually liked and now sushi is my very favorite food too.
Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
To find out that I liked sushi I had to taste it for myself. I had to put it on trial. I had to decide if it was guilty… guilty of being disgusting or guilty of being delicious… and to reach my verdict I had to taste the evidence.
When Psalm 34:8 says Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good it’s saying make trial of the goodness of God. Gather the information you need to decide if the Lord is guilty… guilty of being a good God or guilty of being a liar. The only way you can put His goodness on trial is to experience it for yourself. You can read about His goodness in the Bible, but He wants you to taste it with your own mouth.
When they brought out the raw fish wrapped in seaweed on our date that night, I was able to pick it up and take a bite because I trusted Josh. I trusted that he knew more about food than I did.
If you want to taste the goodness of God, you have to trust Him. Blessed is the man who trusts Him, because the man who trusts Him will get to taste His goodness and discover that God is guilty… He’s guilty of being good!
I know that God has more children that He wants to reward us with so I am choosing to trust Him and believing that because I trust Him I will get to taste, to experience first hand His goodness in that area of our lives. He knows more about it than I do, so why wouldn’t I trust Him?
He wants us all to taste and see His goodness every day because He knows if we taste it, we’ll love it and be hungry for it all of the time. If you are craving some of God’s goodness, trust in Him with all of your heart and your taste buds will be more than satisfied.
“Oh make but trial of His love; Experience will decide. How bless’d are they- and only they- who in His truth confide.” – Tate & Brady
- I have tasted and seen the goodness of God.
- I can trust that I will see and taste more of it.
- BLESSED is the man who trusts in Him!
- Brown bag specials!
- Josh got to introduce me to all kinds of really good food.
- Fuji’s in Tulsa… where I first tasted the goodness.
- No where to go today!
- Lots of time on the floor playing with my sweet kids.
- Tickle monster hide and seek.
- Beau’s hiding spots were her in the middle of the room curled up in a ball… trying not to laugh. So awesome.
- Beau had zero potty accidents today! She’s doing so good, turned another corner the last few days.
- Beau woke up an hour early from her nap so I went in and told her to go back to sleep and she did and ended up napping almost 3 hours!
- Cuddling up with Gus and going through his whole Highlights magazine.
- Josh came home a few hours early so we could see him before he had to go back to work tonight.
- Yummy tortilla soup for dinner!
- I decided to let the kids try the soup instead of making them PB&J and they both loved it.
- Josh cleaned up all the dishes and unloaded the clean dishes for me.
- Coloring birthday cards for Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and making a video greeting for him. It would be so awesome to see Gus’ on TV!
- Had some time tonight to start putting together Beau’s 2nd year birthday video.
- That I started the birthday video making tradition for Gus’ first birthday. It’s always so awesome to look back over the years and see how much they have changed.
- Beau has always had the prettiest eyes that really do sparkle.
- Her little four tooth smile this time last year.
- My parents named me Sarah. Josh sent me a text about what a great name that is tonight.
- Josh shares my sense of humor and appreciation for bad baby names.
- Seeing all the FB posts about what God did at Proximity, the retreat for our youth. Exciting!