Everyone loves a good story. Disney’s Pixar has made gazillions because they get that. I’ve never been there, but I have read that at Pixar Animation Studios they have a sign hanging on the wall that reads, “Story is King.” That’s their motto and it’s easy to see that they stick to it when making their movies. The Toy Story trilogy, A Bugs Life, Monster’s Inc, Finding Nemo, Up, Wall-E, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Cars, and Brave… all great movies because of the great stories.
Last night Josh brought Gus home a new Bible called “The Jesus Storybook Bible – Every story whispers his name.” I read the preface this morning and it was so moving. It talked about how the Bible is not just a book of rules for us to follow or a book of heroes, but what the Bible really is an adventure story.
“It’s an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It’s a love story about a brave prince who leaves his palace, his throne – everything – to rescue the one he loves. It’s like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life.”
Story is king and the king of all stories is the about the king of all kings, and it takes the whole Bible to tell it. Every story whispers the name of Jesus. Every story matters. Every story is true. In the kid’s classes at our church, even in the little baby classes, we have Bibles that have stickers of Jesus hidden in them and every week the kids get them out and flip through the pages looking for Him. What a great way to read the Bible, looking for Jesus on every page.
When you open up your Bible realize that what you are about to read is more than just a really well told story. The hero who left His palace and gave up everything for you is not just a great character someone made up. It really happened and His story is the only reason that you have a story. His story is king.
“Every great love starts with a great story…” The Notebook.
The story of Jesus is the greatest story ever told and greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. It really is like a fairy tale come true and it’s a much better read than what any human author could come up with. If you want to fall more in love with Jesus, fall more in love with His word. Look for your hero on every page.
- The greatest love we’ll ever know is found in the greatest book ever written.
- Jesus laid His life down for me.
- I got to read Gus some of his new Bible today. It’s really, really well done.
- Kids slept in.
- Good talk with Josh about what we studied in our quiet times… I love those talks.
- When you get to end of a box of cereal… the last bowl is always the best bowl.
- Got to give my big sister one more hug before she left this morning.
- She made it back to Tulsa safely.
- Gus and Beau had a great time playing with their sweet little friend Esther.
- Conversations between a 4 year old boy and a 5 year old girl.
- The kids had fun drawing together in the workbooks my sister brought yesterday.
- I felt like I had a baby sitter today. All 3 of the kids played together so great.
- I got 2 blogs written today.
- Sabbath comes early this week… Sabbath Thursday is tomorrow!
- Nice sunny afternoon.
- Had the whole park to ourself for a long time.
- Beau can play without me hovering… I really enjoyed just watching from my little bench.
- The big white fluffy clouds that filled the sky.
- Birds singing happy songs.
- Fresh air!
- Gus was so sad about Beau having to get a spanking. He sure loves his little sister.
- Sharing an ice cream cone with my pretty little girl.
- Each time a new song started at Braum’s Beau would say, “I like this song” and then she would dance.
- Mint Chocolate Chip.
- Josh helped me fold, stuff, and seal a bunch of partner letters.
- I texted Josh and told him I felt like seeing a movie and he texted me back to let me know he got us a sitter and we get to go out tomorrow!