Yesterday I wrote about when Jesus, sword in hand, came to visit Joshua. He wanted to let Joshua know He and all of the angels He was in charge of were fighting with him. He also gave Joshua the battle strategy for how to successfully take the city of Jericho, which was completely surrounded by walls. But before He goes into how many times Joshua and the Israelites need to march around the city and how many times they need to blow their trumpets He says this,
Joshua 6:2 And the Lord said to Joshua: “See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor.
He starts with good news, really good news! Joshua, I’ve given Jericho to you. It’s all yours, now all you have to do is take it! Those words were enough for Joshua. They were all he needed to hear before going through with this really absurd marching, playing trumpets, and shouting war plan God had given Him. With His faith in God at a really good place he confidently spoke to his people and because he was so confident, they were confident. They didn’t question the plan at all. And after seven days…
Joshua 6:20 the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat. Then the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
God had already given them Jericho, but it was up to the Israelites to take it. And they did. They were obedient. They were confident. They were persistent. And now the city of Jericho belonged to them.
As I was reading about the Israelites taking what God had given to them this morning this scripture came to my heart.
2 Peter 1:3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
God has given us everything we need to live a life that’s pleasing to Him, but like the Israelites who had been given the city of Jericho we have a part to play. We have to take what’s been given to us.
2 Peter 1:3 is good news from Jesus! It’s Him coming to you and saying, I’ve given you EVERYTHING you need to live a godly life. It’s all yours, now all you have to do is take it! How do you take it? The same way that Joshua and the Israelites took the city of Jericho. Be obedient. Be confident. Be persistent. It’s yours for the taking, so take it!
- God has given me everything I need for living a Godly life!
- I can take what He’s given me by being obedient, confident, and persistent.
- Gus slept in this morning.
- Me and Beau are both starting to get the hang of this potty training thing… only 1 accident today!
- Spent a lot less time hanging out in the bathroom today.
- Had some awesome conversations with Beau today about things like talking ants, dad’s office, and orange juice.
- Me & Gus worked long and hard on some Jake & The Neverland Pirates coloring pages… they were “masterpieces” according to him.
- So nice outside!
- Beach Boys Pandora station.
- Can listen to music outside so easily with our jam box thing.
- Played outside with the kids for a long time this afternoon… so nice being able to play outside in January!
- I found the sharp piece of metal fence in the backyard before one of the kids did.
- Fend for yourself dinner night.
- Josh ended up fending for both of us and made me eggs and toast.
- Had time to wash and dry and straighten my hair this afternoon!
- Gus did such a good job cleaning up his toys while we cleaned up after dinner.
- I beat the mine cart level on Donkey Kong Country before both of the boys!
- Extra laughs at bed time tonight when Gus gave Josh a wet willy or as he calls it a “wet wiwey.”
- The sound of the dishwasher running, kids fast asleep, house all picked up. Ahhhh.
- Shout! Beau’s shirts get so dirty everyday, but Shout! keeps them looking pretty nice.
- Me & Beau have really bonded this week through the potty training. She’s SO awesome.
- My old, torn up, not acceptable to wear in public Fossil jeans. Still my favorite.
- Prayer night with my husband.
- So excited Josh gets to teach a 6 week parenting class at church!
- AI night!
- Steven Tyler is no longer a judge on AI.
- My husband is so good at washing himself in the word while he washes himself in the bathtub.