Finally after 3 years of living in Texas and two failed trips to the Department of Public Safety I have obtained my Texas Drivers License! I am stuck with a horrible picture for the next five years, but who cares?! I don’t have to go back to the Department of Public Safety for five years! I was so proud of myself for making it past the document checking prison warden this time. I had every piece of documentation required! Now I could sit in the chairs with my number and watch several other people get told that they were missing something they needed to go any further in the process. Almost everyone that got turned away was missing “Proof of Residency.” That’s what I was missing last time. You have to have two different documents that prove that you live where you say you live.
I kept hearing those words over and over again, “Proof of Residency.” And it reminded me of this scripture.
John 15:19 (NIRV) If you belonged to the world, it would love you like one of its own. But you do not belong to the world. I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
I have a Texas address. I live in a Texas town in the United States of America, which is in the world. But I don’t belong to the world. I belong to Jesus. If I were to apply for a driver’s license for God’s Kingdom what would be my proof of residency? How could I prove that I had made Jesus the Lord of my life?
Matthew 7:18-20 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
If Jesus is the Lord of your life you can prove that your residency is in heaven with Him by the fruit that your life produces. When people who live in the world look at us they should be able to see proof… proof that Jesus is real and that He lives in us and that we live with Him.
Are you producing good fruit? Good, fruit of the spirit kind of fruit? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control? If you don’t have that kind of fruit falling off of your tree then you can’t prove your residency is in heaven and not in this world. People are looking for proof. Usually, they want at least two certified documents before they’ll believe anything. Your testimony counts as one and the fruit you produce counts as two. So I challenge you with these two words today… Prove it!
- We don’t belong to this world… seriously, thank God!
- Our life can and should produce good fruit.
- I will never forget the names of the fruit of the spirit again thanks to the song we used to teach them to Gus.
- I finally got my Texas license!
- Was able to write a whole blog while waiting in line.
- The pretty drive to the ugly Dept of Public Safety.
- Was in the first group of people so I didn’t have to wait outside for more than 5 minutes.
- The huge Texas sky I felt like I was driving into this morning.
- Great praise and worship time in my car.
- Josh got up and fed the kids breakfast and took Gus to school for me.
- Tea party with Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, and Beau.
- My mom called to tell me about a cute Minnie Mouse tent for Beau’s birthday.
- Got to show Gus my Donkey Kong Country skills. It’s so awesome being able to get Super Nintendo games on the Wii!
- Sleeping Beauty movie night.
- The way Beau says “Rora” for Princess Aurora.
- Pepper popcorn.
- Check book balanced.
- Crock pot dinner.
- Gus left me a video message on my phone telling me I was cute.
- Hearing Gus & Beau have little conversations together.
- Tomorrow is Sabbath Friday!!!
- Josh is back on bath duty.
- Beau’s pretty brown hair is really starting to grow!
- Barbara Luddy. The voice of Merryweather in Sleeping Beauty and Kanga in the old Pooh cartoons. I love her voice.
- The playroom window is all decorated for Valentines day!
- Beau had to play Sleeping Beauty before bedtime… fall asleep then a kiss from dad to wake up.
- Movie night round two with my “friendo.” Love the Coen Brothers.