It takes a lot of work leaving the house with a four year old and an almost two year old. There’s so much to remember. I find myself asking Josh questions like “did you remember to pack the double stroller?” or did you grab Beau’s juice cup off the counter?” all of the time as we are pulling out of our garage. And he always has a great answer for me. “I’m way ahead of ya.”
It’s so nice to have someone that’s thinking ahead for me.
Isaiah 55:8-9 My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
In other words, God is saying, “I’m way ahead of ya.” No one knows exactly how far ahead of us He is, but I love Mark Batterson’s estimate.
“Astronomers have discovered galaxies 12.3 billion light-years away. That means it takes light, traveling at 186,000 miles per second, more than twelve billion years to reach the outer edges of the heavens. And God says that’s about the distance between my thoughts and your thoughts. We all underestimate God by 12.3 billion light -years.”
Whatever 2013 holds for you, you can rest assured that God is way ahead of ya… like 12.3 billion light years ahead of ya.
When we lost our son Felix in July it took us by surprise, but it didn’t take God by surprise. He was way ahead of us. We sought Him and He replaced our thoughts with His thoughts. He replaced our ways with His ways. If we would have been stuck in our own ways and our own carnal thinking our hearts would still be broken. Thank God for His infinite wisdom and His willingness to share it with us. Thank God He had been where we were and new exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it.
God is ahead of you. No matter where you are going or what you are going through, He’s been there. He knows the way through. Don’t try to figure it out alone, you’ve got 12.3 billion light years of wisdom on your side. Seek God and let Him transform your thoughts and way into His thoughts and way.
- God is ahead of me… way, way ahead of me.
- God’s wisdom and his willingness to share it with us.
- Josh for sharing that piece from Mark Batterson with me.
- Sleeping in.
- Krispy Kreme!
- The cuteness of the kids in their Krispy Kreme hats.
- Free donuts, hot off the press.
- More free donuts, thanks to papa.
- Beau is missing Disney World. She asks if we can go at least once a day. It makes me so happy to know she had so much fun!
- Enjoyed looking through a big box of old pictures of Josh’s family today.
- Hearing Josh laugh hysterically looking through the pictures and everyones awesome 80s looks.
- My mom and dad watched Gus and Beau for us so we could go on an afternoon date.
- Fun movie with a fun date!
- The popcorn today was so good.
- When we came to pick the kids up we walked in on Beau getting down to the “Hot Dog” song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- My mom and dad treated us to some delicious Hideaway pizza.
- Gus had a big time giving his favorite puppy Norah a bath.
- The Hideaway special. What a great idea to make a pizza where every piece has a different topping.
- Had so much fun in Tulsa on Christmas break!
- The car is loaded up and ready to go back to Texas tomorrow with lots and lots of new toys!
- Gus told me he wanted to marry me tonight.
- Josh got the tires aired up and got the car to stop beeping at us every 2 minutes.
- I got to talk and laugh with Gus before he got in bed.
- Beau was talking up a storm tonight!
- The way Beau looks in her little coat with the hood up.
- The cold, cold Christmas weather. Made this week extra fun.
- 10 year anniversary trip planning!!
- Enjoyed a week of snacking on candy and Christmas treats.