I woke up this morning thinking about all of the innocent lives that were lost yesterday in the Sandy Hook shootings. As I sat alone in my kitchen by the glow of our Christmas tree I asked God to help me understand. How could somebody do such a horrific thing and how can I keep my children safe? It seems like the world we live in gets more sick and twisted with each passing year. This is not the kind of world I imagined raising my kids in.
God let me know that He understood. His one and only son, Jesus, was born into a sick and twisted world and then hunted by a complete psycho path, King Herod.
Herod was known for being a very paranoid and cruel person. He murdered his wife, his mother-in-law, and his three sons. When he got wind, via the wise men, that the King of the Jews had been born, his paranoia kicked into high gear.
Matthew 2:16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under…
Precious, innocent new born babies. Sweet, happy toddling toddlers. Murdered. Weeping and great mourning took place, mothers refused to be comforted.
But Herod didn’t get to baby Jesus.
Matthew 2:13 …an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
God is God, right? He could have just put a super natural bubble around Jesus to keep Him safe, or He could have sent some nasty plague to stop Herod, but He didn’t. Instead, He used Joseph, Jesus’ earthly father, to protect His seed.
Joseph heard a word from the Lord through an angel. He trusted the word and obeyed the word! He got up that very night and fled with Mary and Jesus. They stayed put until Joseph got another word from the Lord letting him know that Herod was dead.
Satan hates children. This summer he murdered our seed. Yesterday he murdered the seed of all of those families in Connecticut. He wanted to murder Jesus before He could die on the cross for us, but he failed, and Joseph, played a very important role in that.
I know this now more than ever, As parents we have a very important role to play in protecting our seed! We might not have an angel that appears to us to give words from the Lord, but we do have the word of God, our Bibles, and we can speak the word over our children everyday. We can pray prayers laced with scriptures on protection and know that His word will not return void! We can pray in the Spirit and trust that because He knows all things that we are praying perfect prayers of protection. We can plead the blood of Jesus and cover our children with it like the Israelites covered their door posts.
Be alert, be sensitive, be offensive, and be obedient! Let God use you to protect your seed!
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. (Prov 18:10)
- He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. (Psalm 121:3)
- The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. (Ps 121:7)
- The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. (Ps 121:8)
- No evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. (Ps 91:10)
- A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. (Ps 91:7)
- You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. (Ps 91:5,6)
- For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. (Ps 91:11)
- As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (Ps 18:30)
- Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. (Ps 30:5)
- No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; (Is 54:17)
- But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one (2 Thess 3:3)
- …For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Heb 13:5-6)
- These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies. (Ps 41:2)
- My parents and grandparents spoke God’s word over me when I was growing up.
- God showed me today how important my role is in my children’s protection.
- Gus knows the word and can speak protection over himself too.
- Good time of worship this morning in my car.
- My parents got to spend time playing with the kids this morning.
- My parents had a safe trip back to Tulsa.
- My doctor’s office was open this morning… so much better than having to go to after hours… and cheaper too.
- Josh brought me home popsicles after church. Felt so good for my throat.
- Campbells homestyle chicken noodle soup.
- Gus told me I was a cute mom.
- Gus was very sweet when he heard me telling Josh I was going to stay home and rest. He came in and told me if I was tired he would help take care of me.
- We got our new fridge today!!! It’s HUGE!
- My dad was here to help Josh move the old fridge.
One thought on “Day 132”
This blessed me very much, thank you so much!