A few months ago I took my Strengths Finder assessment. You answer questions online for about 20 minutes and at the end of it the computer analyzes all of your input and gives you a list of your top five strengths. It was pretty interesting. There are 34 different strengths. My top five were belief, developer, relator, achiever and maximizer. When I read the descriptions of each strength I was pretty impressed at how accurately they described me and the way I tick.
After I took the test I wondered how Jesus would have taken the test. How would He have answered all of the questions? Out of the 34 strengths what would be His top 5? I think the computer might implode trying to analyze His answers. He is the one who all of the strengths and gifts that we each have originated from, so I’m guessing not even Gallup could figure out His list.
I did find it interesting this week as I was studying the names of Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 that there were 5 names.
- Mighty God
- Everlasting Father
- Prince of Peace
That’s a pretty good top 5 strengths list right there, and then Matthew gives us a plus one in chapter 1, verse 23.
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
I think it’s very helpful to know what gifts, talents and strengths that God has given to you, but it’s also very helpful to know that it’s in our weaknesses that Jesus’ strengths are made perfect.
2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
I really like how the message says it too, My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Jesus, the one with the most impressive strengths list is with us, and his impressive strengths are made perfect where we are weak.
Wonderful is with us. Counselor is with us. Mighty God is with us. Everlasting Father is with us. Prince of Peace is with us. I really like that plus one. No matter what our top 5 strengths are, Emmanuel is God with us, perfecting his strength in our weakness.
- Jesus is with us!
- His strength is made perfect in my weakness.
- He gave us all unique gifts, talents, and strengths.
- Strengths Finder. Interesting and a lot more useful than your typical “personality” test.
- Group hug this morning with Gus and Beau.
- Lunch date with Josh and Beau.
- Beau finds Cheetos if there are Cheetos to be found.
- Frisco has a Jersey Mikes! Josh was so excited.
- Officially finished with my Christmas shopping.
- Josh got a very nice hair cut.
- Gus got a very nice hair cut.
- Beau took an extra long nap.
- Got two blogs written, ready for Sabbath Friday.
- My niece Courtney and nephew Justin found out today that they lost the baby they were expecting this summer. My heart breaks, but I know Felix has a new buddy in heaven. Most fortunate of all are those who are not yet born. (Eccl 4:3)
- Life Church BA. Courtney and Justin have had such love and support from them and that makes me so happy! It is so God they are there.
- The maturity of Justin & Courtney. You would never guess they are “newbies” in the faith!
- Very exciting message from a very sweet friend today.
- The replies on my princess of peace post. I so enjoy being able to share my heart with friends through writing.
- Magic Christmas capsules. Gus loved those things. 97 cents well spent!
- My friend Gena was born 20 something year ago yesterday. She is a wonderful person and I’m glad to know her.
- $27 check from CoServ! Thanks CoServ, In N Out is on you tonight!
- Beau ate her first hamburger and it was from In N Out so she of course loved it. Gus couldn’t eat a hamburger until he was 3 almost 4!
- Had a nice, quiet evening to myself.
- Had some church while I washed my hair!
- Great message on thankfulness by Steven Furtick.
- My parents (and Norah) had a safe trip from Tulsa to our house.
- Josh got to party with 500+ 5th and 6th graders tonight!
- A Frisco student brought a friend to the Christmas party and he got saved!