Every good beauty pageant contestant knows that what the world really needs is peace. Peace is a word you see a lot of at Christmas time. It’s on cards, in carols, and written in Christmas lights. Isaiah 9:6 said that Jesus would be called the Prince of Peace, but what does that mean, what is peace?
The Hebrew word for peace is Shalowm and it means more than the absence of war or the absence of your children arguing over who gets to sit in the front seat. It means completeness and soundness. Jesus is the Prince of Shalowm. If you want your life to be complete and sound in every area- physical, spiritual, and emotional, at any given time, no matter what is going on, you have to know Jesus.
I’m not sure what princes do these days besides marry cute little princesses named Kate, but when Isaiah says that Jesus will be the prince of peace, he meant that Jesus would be the ruler of peace! Jesus rules peace. He tells it where to go and what to do, it’s under His control. Remember the story in Mark 4 when Jesus calms the storm. What did he say to get the wind and waves to stop? “Peace, be still!”
He summoned peace. Peace came. The wind and the waves immediately stopped. I wish we had the ability to do that… oh, wait! We totally do!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
My Prince of Peace made me a Princess of Peace! Jesus left us, like a good father leaves an inheritance for his children, His peace, His shalom, which doesn’t even come close to the world’s idea of peace. We can, through the peace that Jesus left us, have a complete and sound life no matter what kind of storm might be raging around us. Our hearts can be free from trouble and fear.
If your father left you millions of dollars in His will you would be crazy not to take it. Jesus left you peace, you will be crazy if you don’t take it!
Peace out! (I’m sorry, I know that was really lame, but I just had to.)
- Jesus is the prince of peace.
- Jesus left of His peace.
- My heart never has to stay troubled or afraid.
- Jesus kept me in His perfect peace this year even through some really difficult times.
- Slept for 9 hours last night!
- Stomach bug is gone.
- Really nice hot shower this morning.
- Cuddling in bed and watching Mickey Mouse Club House with Beau.
- Gus vacuumed the whole living room for me today.
- Very productive work day.
- Play date with the Hall girls.
- Josh & Josh got home early and got to join us at the end of the play date.
- Josh got to play at Main Event all day for his work Christmas party.
- Found 30 minutes of the score from Star Wars today and Gus light sabered to it the whole 30 minutes.
- The Star Wars music seriously helped me work faster… I felt like I was entering data that would help the rebels.
- Pop BBQ Chips.
- First Snowfall Let It Snow by the Carpenters. I love this song. I wish I could sing like Karen.
- Gus asked me for a “holiday hug” today.
- Found some great frames at Hobby Lobby!
- More neighborhood light looking.
- Pandora coming to the rescue when I left our Christmas iPod at home.
- Tucking in my hilarious little boy.
- Josh helped me fold laundry.
- Fresh Balsam candle.
- Beau knows that you are supposed to kiss under our mistletoe.
- Kraft Mac n Cheese.
- Christmas Story Tracker.
- My niece in law Courtney is a warrior! She inspires me.