The last few days I’ve been writing about one of my favorite verses in the Bible, Isaiah 9:6. I am really enjoying going through each prophetic name of Jesus found in that verse.
Today I got some really awesome revelation on Jesus, our Everlasting Father.
Everlasting Father is literally translated “The Father Of Eternity.” Which makes perfect since. God is our father, but Jesus is the father of our eternity. His death and resurrection gave birth to eternal life. Everyone living is an eternal being and Jesus, only Jesus, is the deciding factor on an eternity in heaven or one in hell.
I have thought more about heaven this year than any other year of my life. I never imagined that a piece of me would be there before I was. Over the summer the spirit of my precious baby boy left my womb and entered into eternity before I got to meet him here on earth. As heart wrenching as that is, I find great comfort in knowing that when his tiny heart stopped beating, that it wasn’t the end of him. His spirit lives on eternally, because of Jesus who is the Everlasting Father of Eternity.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What is the gift of God? It’s Jesus! He gave His only son. So you could read Romans 6:23 like this, The wages of sin is death, but Jesus is eternal life!
After losing a son I feel like I understand a little bit more just how big of a sacrifice sending Jesus to the earth was for His father. It was hard for us when we found out about Felix and we had never even met him. Jesus on the other hand had been by His fathers side since the beginning of the beginning. He was God’s only son and He gave Him up for us. It’s because of that gift I get to spend eternity in heaven with God and with Jesus and with Felix. I can’t think of a better gift than that. I’m so glad I called upon the name of Jesus whose name is called Father Of Eternity.
- Jesus, the Everlasting Father Of Eternity.
- The gift of God (Jesus) is eternal life.
- I get to spend eternity with Felix.
- I get to spend eternity with Josh and Gus & Beau too!
- Found some little bows and Beau’s hair is long enough to be clipped by them.
- Had a very girly morning with Beau trying on her Christmas outfit and taking her picture by the tree. That girl loves clothes.
- Sweet prayer time with Gus this morning.
- Beau would NOT say her memory verse for the camera. She is not Gus, and I’m okay with that. I love how different they both are.
- Gus had an all green day at school.
- Hot cocoa after school treat.
- Cocoa was free thanks to a Starbucks gift card someone blessed Josh with.
- Gus made the cutest reindeer thumbprint ornament for us.
- 40,000 people attended Gateway Church last weekend!
- 149 people rededicated their lives!
- 545 people made Jesus Lord of their lives!
- No matter how passed out Beau is she always wakes up sweet when it’s time to go pick up bubba from school.
- Cool and crisp December day!
- My brother in law Quinn is celebrating his birthday today. I’m very thankful that God blessed my sister Becky with such a sweet man.
- Chicken noodle soup.
- Saltine crackers.
- My husband takes good care of me!
- Going in and out of naps while watching Christmas shows with the kids.
- Fire truck Santa made his yearly visit to our neighborhood. The kids were thrilled!
- My kids have nice warm coats.
- “Home Alone” movie night in bed.
- John Williams.
- Cowboy Chicken delivered a meal to a friend in Dallas for me tonight.