Romans 11:36 (NIV) For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
My friend Julie recently shared this verse with me. It’s a simple verse but you can filter your whole life through it.
From, through, and to. Prepositions that every 4th grader should know and every believer should live by.
From Him. He is the giver of and the original source of every blessing in our life.
Through Him. We can make our own plans, but we can’t make them happen on our own. It is only through Him that our plans can be established and succeed.
To Him. It only makes since that if all things are from Him and through Him that the glory would go to Him. Everything on earth, including me and you were created to bring glory to God.
I don’t want to get that wrong. I don’t want to think that my life and the good things in it are from me and through me, and that the credit goes to me. It’s not about me, it’s all about Him and it’s all because of Him. He is it!
I love this quote from Matthew Henry, “Whatever begins, let God’s glory be the end.”
Every day we get a new day. Some days are harder than others, but every day, every situation good or bad can end with you giving glory to God. If you will take time to look at what you have from Him and what you were able to do through Him and then give praise to Him you can always have the same ending, no matter what the beginning.
Everything comes from him;
Everything happens through him;
Everything ends up in him.
Always glory! Always praise!
Yes. Yes. Yes. (MSG)
- Julie shared this verse with me. It’s one I probably would have overlooked.
- Everything good in my life is from Him!
- Everything that happens, happens through Him!
- All my praise can go back to Him!
- The awesome message paraphrase. I especially love the yes, yes, yes part.
- Breakfast in bed with Gussy & Peep!
- My friend Ali taught me how to do a pony tail where you wrap your hair around to cover up the pony tail holder. I always thought it would be much harder to do than it really was.
- Beautiful day… not very Christmassy feeling, but beautiful none the less.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
- Got to teach the five year olds the story of the candy cane today at church.
- The excited cheering Gus was doing while he was playing the Wii and I was straightening the house.
- Beau has graduated to a booster seat. It’s nice having her right at the table with us.
- I got to talk to my sister Amy on the phone for a little while tonight.
- God blessed my sister with a new job.
- My sister went to church today with her family.
- Survived Sunday evening grocery shopping.
- Fridge full, pantry full.
- Josh thought he had to work tonight, but he didn’t!
- Purchased our new fridge!! So excited to get it!
- AFV night! I love how Beau gets into it and laughs with all of us and says “Oh goodness!”
- Josh got the kids all ready for bed so I could get a head start on washing my hair.
- I had a great time singing and praising God while I was blow drying my hair.
- I heard an awesome testimony about a baby who had brain damage… had! God healed Him!
- The baby’s parents shared that they played “Love Out Loud” a CD my husband wrote and produced with his dad for the baby and they believe it had a part to play in him receiving his healing.
- Check book balanced and bills paid.
- Got to sit down and actually watch some football with Josh tonight.
- The cute picture my mom sent me of Josh when he was little. Beau definitely has his eyes.
- The pretty Christmas lights I can see from our window upstairs.