A week and a day ago I woke up and checked the weather on my iphone. I’m usually not a weather checker but we were leaving for Disney World the next day and I wanted to see what the forecast was like for our departure time. I saw something I did not like. A little picture of a cloud and lighting representing thunder storms. I went to weatherchannel.com and their guys were saying the storms would be most severe right when we were supposed to be taking off. I started to freak out a little. We had been planning this trip for four months and if the flight didn’t leave when it was supposed to it was going to mess up our travel plans big time. We could miss our connecting flight, have to change our rental car and hotel reservations, and worse, have to tell the kids we weren’t going to get to go until the next day! I called the airline to see if there were any earlier flights we could switch to in effort to avoid the storms, but it was going to cost more money. We decided to pray about it before we made our decision.
As I was praying God totally called me out and showed me my faith was weak. I was putting my faith in the little stormy picture on my iphone instead of in what God could do for us.
I knew He was right. I was trusting what I could see with my eyes. We decided to pass on the earlier flight option and put our complete trust in God. We prayed and asked Him to push those storms through quickly so they would be over when it was time for us to take off. Instead of looking at the picture on my iphone I began to imagine us on the plane taking off on time with smiles on our faces.
The next morning we woke up and checked the weather and of course the cloud and lighting picture had changed to just a rainy one! I never saw a single lighting bolt or heard any thunder that morning.
We boarded the plane on time, but right as we were about to take off the pilot got on the intercom and said that we were going to be stuck on the run way for a while due to several other planes being delayed and needing to take off first, then right in the middle of that he stopped and said, “well, never mind we just got clearance to take off now.” And we were off! I wanted to tell everyone on the plane they could thank my God for that one. He totally made all things work together for our good.
What a great faith review that whole situation was for me.
Hebrews 11:1 (NIRV) Faith is being sure of what we hope for. It is being certain of what we do not see.
It’s so easy to put our faith in the things we can see with our eyes. I had faith for that thunderstorm because of the picture I saw of the clouds and lightning, but what I needed was to move beyond what I could perceive with my senses and have faith in what I could not see with my eyes- God at work for us.
Faith is being certain about the things that you can not see, and faith pleases God. He was not pleased to see me all worked up about that thunderstorm, but He was pleased when I got my eyes on Him and had faith that He was in control.
Believe in what you can’t see right now and eventually you will see it! The forecast will change if you have faith in God.
- Faith changes forecasts.
- God is always at work, even when we can’t perceive it with our 5 senses.
- Faith pleases God.
- The great faith review God gave me.
- Back to my early morning prayer and study time today. I missed it!
- Hard workout, but good workout.
- No makeup day.
- Josh was home all day and got to enjoy pre game shows and a Cowboys win!
- We had our first fire of the season today.
- The smell of firewood burning in the fireplace.
- Chili simmering on the stove all afternoon.
- iMovie. Had fun putting together the highlight video from our Disney trip.
- The new stone fence in the backyard is up! We can play in the backyard again.
- Played storm trooper, tag, and baseball with Gus tonight.
- Beau came outside and hung out with us too. She was doing her own thing, but I loved having her around to yell out strike one every once in a while.
- Josh did ALL of the laundry from the trip. Everything is washed, folded, and put away.
- Nice relaxing bath.
- Listened to a great message by Pastor Dennis Rouse “Having a Family that Changes the World.”
- Caught up on some TV shows tonight while cuddling with my favorite person.
- Josh surprised me with a gift card to Fossil!
- I get to to shopping tomorrow for a new shirt for our family pictures on Tuesday. Seriously, my husband is so sweet.
- Listened to “The Mayflower Voyagers” starring Charlie Brown with Gus. That is a great cartoon. Very educational. It amazed me every year to hear the story.
- Gus told me before bed that God let his son Jesus ride Splash Mountain with Him and that He was sitting right in the middle of us… I don’t doubt it.
- Every morning when I ask Beau what she dreamed about she says “Jesus.”
- Josh only has one day of work this week.
- Gus still has very soft and kissable little cheeks. I loved kissing them tonight while he was sound asleep.
- Great fall weather.
- Lovely, Love My Family. I love this song Josh found for me to use in my DisneyWorld video. Seemed to fit perfectly.