I woke up this morning thinking about change. Change can definitely be a great thing. It’s smart to change the oil in your car, a dirty diaper, the air filters in your home, your toothbrush every once in a while, your sheets, and so on. But sometimes it’s nice when things stay the same.
I got a letter in the mail from my mom yesterday and the fact that her handwriting has never changed for as long as I’ve been alive is comforting to me. I loved being able to look at my name on the envelope, before seeing the return address, and know exactly who the letter was from.
Change is really in right now. Remember Obama’s campaign slogan in 2008? “Change We Need” Obviously, people jumped on board and made him president in hopes that things would change. His campaign this year was “Forward.” It has the same idea as the slogan from 2008, it’s just a different way of saying it. I guess it would be kinda weird if he used “Change We Need” again.
In a world where things are changing all of the time, it’s comforting to know that my God never changes.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Jesus doesn’t change. He is the same today as He was when He walked the earth. When you stand before Him in heaven He will love you with the exact same amount of love that He loves you with right now. The Bible never changes. There’s no revisions, edits, additions or subtractions. It just stays the same. Jesus does not, can not, will not change.
Jesus is not like an iPhone. You know how you purchase the iPhone 4G and then a little while later a new and improved iPhone comes out? Jesus doesn’t need upgrades, because there’s no way He can get any better than He was, is and will be forever. He was, is, and always will be perfect.
Maybe we’ll change Presidents for the next four years, maybe we won’t. One thing is for sure, Jesus won’t change either way. What great news! Makes me want to sing,
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
- Jesus never changes.
- Jesus was, is, and always will be perfect… no upgrades needed.
- I have a solid rock to stand on, even when I’m surrounded by sinking sand.
- Jesus purchased my salvation, not the government.
- Jesus is coming back soon!
- Huggies overnight diapers worked! First time in a week I haven’t had to change Beau’s crib sheets.
- Clean house.
- Fun morning playing with just Beau.
- Lots of unsolicited kisses from my sweet girl.
- Josh got to vote today!
- Short lines at his polling place.
- No matter who wins the election Jesus will still be on the throne.
- Gus had a great day at school! I loved hearing about him getting to paint his feet, the new turkey song they sang, and about the pilgrims and indians he’s learning about.
- He got to take home the letter bucket to fill up with 4 things that start with the letter “I”. We couldn’t think of anything in the car, but when we got home we found Iron Man, The Incredibles, I Believe In Jesus CD, & Icing! He’s so excited that he’s been practicing how he’s going to present it all to the class. Adorable!!
- Gus helped me make potato soup for dinner.
- Beau helped me make the corn bread.
- Gus and Josh got to go out for a guys night and see “Wreck it Ralph”
- I got more one on one time with Beau this evening. I loved playing Play doh and coloring princess pictures.
- Found some Disney princess music videos for Beau to watch on YouTube. Can not wait to her to Disney!
- I got another relaxing evening to myself.
- 14 years ago today my sweet little niece Gentry was born!
- Gentry’s dimples. Seriously, the best dimples anywhere, ever.
- Listened to a great message by Jimmy Evans “Training Your Mouth For Marriage”
- “Prayers accumulate, they don’t evaporate” – Jimmy Evans
- Gus helped me carry in the groceries today and I didn’t even have to ask.
- My friend Briana gave me the sweetest card remembering Felix this week.
- My friend Ellen sent me a video of a little boy with autism singing and playing a pretend guitar to “Stripes & Scars.” Totally touched my heart to see that song ministering healing to that sweet child.
- My niece Courtney texted to let me know she was sending her love and God’s love my way.