Last night my 18 month old daughter had to be rushed to the emergency room. She had been running a temperature all day but right before bed her eyes glazed over and she was unresponsive. I called my husband in to look at her and he agreed, something was not right. It was pretty scary for us to see her that way.
Dressed in our pajamas we all jumped into the car and headed to the closest E.R. On the way there we were going to war with the devil! As we were praying a verse came to my heart so I began to declare it over her. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper…
That is what it felt like was happening. A weapon was coming against our sweet little daughter. An attack of the enemy. When I spoke that verse it reminded me that whatever weapon was being formed against her in this moment could not and would not prosper. No matter how scary the situation seemed, God reminded me it was just a front because no weapon formed against her could prosper!
By the time we got there she was much better. Still running a temperature, but the doctor’s said she was fine. Praise God!
I still had that verse on my heart when I woke up this morning and decided to chew on it some more.
The verse before it is very interesting. Isaiah 54:16 I have created the blacksmith who fans the coals beneath the forge and makes the weapons of destruction. And I have created the armies that destroy.
Sometimes I forget that God created the blacksmith, the one who forms the weapons. God created Satan. He was an angel before he was the devil. Satan is not stronger than the one who created Him. He never has been, never will be!
Whatever weapons he designs against you are destined to be destroyed! The weapon the blacksmith creates “shall not prove strong enough to do any harm to the people of God; it shall miss its mark, shall fall out of the hand or perhaps recoil in the face of him that uses it against thee.” (Henry)
When you are under attack and feel like you’ve got a loaded gun pointed at you remember God’s promise, no weapon formed against you can prosper. God can turn the bullets into marshmallows, move you out of the way before the weapon fires, or cause it to back fire on the black smith. The black smith may be able to forge weapons, but none of them work properly because our God is greater, our God is stronger! It’s just a front.
Isaiah 54:15 …Whoever attacks you will go down in defeat.
- The Holy Spirit led me to keep holding Beau last night instead of putting her down in her bed.
- The Holy Spirit helped me pray perfect prayers for her.
- The Holy Spirit brought that verse up in my spirit and it ministered peace to me.
- Even with all of the craziness we all slept great last night.
- My God is greater, My God is stronger!
- God defeats anyone who attacks His children.
- My friend Briana called me today to tell me the same thing happened to her little girl not too long ago. So glad she called and shared that with me and answered some questions I had.
- Courtney and Justin checked up on Beau and let me know they were praying for her today.
- Got to watch Cinderella and cuddle with Beau.
- Gus has been so sweet to her and suggesting ways we can make her feel better, like playing her favorite Pooh Bear songs that he doesn’t like.
- Beau took a 3 hour nap this afternoon.
- I got lots of work done!
- Josh got to go out for breakfast with the rest of the staff and they got to go to a race track and race go karts instead of their usually Monday meetings. And he got first place in the race!
- Josh found a cute winter coat for Beau and I found a coupon code for free shipping and 25% off of it.
- Gus’ hair is getting long again and he looked so grown up and extra handsome today.
- Josh took the kids on a walk tonight so I could have a few minutes alone.
- I had to buy a new blow dryer tonight. It was so nice being able to look up reviews for them on my iPhone.
- I picked a good one!
- Got to take a relaxing bath and listen to some good preaching.
- Praise party while blow drying my hair with my new blow dryer.
- I got to go outside for a few minutes and enjoy some fresh air and the beautiful evening.
- Buzz & Woody kept Beau distracted long enough for me to make dinner.
- I made a really good chicken pot pie.
- Being thankful helped me get through a long day without complaining!
- TV night with Josh!
- We were able to stomp 500 CDs for work while we watched TV.
- Gus’ chubby ear lobes.
- Josh found these special hair ties that can hold up a really thick ponytail and put them in my stocking one year and I’ve never seen them in the stores until tonight! Thank you Walgreens!