The other night I read “Heaven is for Real, for Kids” to my son Gus. It’s the true story of a four year old boys trip to heaven and back. The things the boy saw and described totally line up with the descriptions of heaven found in the Bible, only in preschooler speak. My favorite illustration in the book is of the throne room. Jesus is sitting on His throne and next to him there is a huge throne and part of one leg of God, the rest of him is too big to fit onto the page. The little boy said that in heaven God and his chair are “reaaally big.” That got to me! Sometimes I forget how big the God that I serve really is, and that big God has me in His big hand.
This is Jesus talking in John 10:28, I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
Jesus has us in His hand. But check this out. These are Jesus’ last words,
Luke 23:46 Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.
We are in the hand of Jesus and He is in the hand of God so we are in the hand of God. We have double security. Jesus says so himself in John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
“To be in the hand’s of God means we are under his guidance, care, and protection. We are fed according to the integrity of his heart and guided by the skillfulness of his hands. We are always under his care and watchful eye. He protects us from our enemies as we hide in the hollow of his hand.” (Gills)
Next time that guy with the awesome voice from All State asks, “are you in good hands?”, you can let him know you are! No matter who wins the election you are still in good hands. No matter what the doctor’s have diagnosed you with, you are still in good hands. You are in the hand of Jesus, and you are in the hand of God. Psalm 95:7 For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.
God’s real. He really is sitting up in heaven on His huge throne with you in the palm of His hand and NO ONE is able to snatch you out of it.
- God is huge.
- Jesus has me in His hand.
- God has me in His hand.
- No one can take me out of their hands!
- Went to write in my notebook today and found Gus’ little name written by him all over it.
- The tailor was able to repair the zipper on my jeans.
- “God wants me to have fun” – Gus
- The Subway closest to my house just so happens to be the best Subway ever. The guy is truly a sandwich artist.
- Got to spend the afternoon at Chuck E Cheese with Gus at a friends birthday party.
- Pizza, games, cake, ice-cream all free!
- Got to visit with my friend Briana at the party. I love that her daughter and Gus are in the same class at school and at church and have all of the same friends.
- Josh stayed home with Beau so she could get her afternoon nap.
- We brought home a Chuck E Cheese balloon for Beau and she carried it around all afternoon saying “cheese.”
- Gus playing his toy guitar and writing songs for Jesus. Pure awesomeness.
- My mom gave me the recipe to Emeril’s peanut butter chocolate chip cookies a few years ago. I made them tonight.. so easy and SO good!
- I got my blog done early this morning and was able to share it with a friend in the hospital.
- “I place my life inside your hands, you hold for me a perfect plan” – Leeland
- Power nap!
- We got to go to church even though Beau was running a temp. Yay for live webcasts!
- I have an awesome Pastor who seriously brings it every week.
- BEAUTIFUL weather!
- We got to eat the chili I made yesterday for dinner tonight, it was very tasty!
- Had a really fun night with two really fun couples!
- P.M. Dawn Pandora station.
- Laughed til it hurt several times tonight.
- Clementine Izze’s.
- Getting to bed really late, but so glad I got to hear a wonderful story about how God brought 2 people together and completely changed their lives.
- My friend Joleen brought me a new candle!