Have you ever seen that show on A&E called Storage Wars? It’s about people who go to auctions to bid on storage units that have been repossessed. After so many months of missing rent payments a storage unit and all of it’s contents go up on the auction block and get sold to the highest bidder. It’s amazing to me that there are enough abandoned storage units out there that people are able to make a career out of buying them and selling what they find inside. One guy won on a unit for $1,300 and in it he found a bunch of newspapers printed the day that Elvis Presley died worth approximately $90,000! Crazy!!
Psalm 31:19 (NIRV) How great your goodness is! You have stored it up for those who have respect for you…
God has a storage unit full of His goodness that goes on forever with your name on it! He’s been storing it for you since before you were born, but if you don’t train your eyes to see it you might miss out on some of it. I’m sure whoever stored those newspapers had no idea how valuable they were or they wouldn’t have left them in a storage unit they didn’t care enough about to make payments on. But the gentlemen who won the unit has trained his eyes. He is able to look through a bunch of ordinary things and find the good stuff!
Sometimes it may feel like you have a storage unit full of just ordinary stuff instead of one full of God’s goodness, but God’s goodness is there among seemingly ordinary things. You just have to train your eyes to see it.
One of the greatest things that has come out of my mission to be thankful for 10,000 things over 365 days is the way I see God’s goodness everyday, everywhere. I see God’s goodness when I see my kids smile. I see God’s goodness in a beautiful sunset. I see God’s goodness when I open my Bible to a scripture that is just what I needed right when I needed it. I see God’s goodness when I’m putting away the groceries, folding laundry, and eating leftovers.
Train your eye to see the invaluable goodness of God that He has stored up for you. It’s always on display, don’t miss it.
- God’s goodness is great!
- God never runs out of goodness.
- God’s goodness is all around us even in the things that seem ordinary.
- I’m training my eyes to see God’s goodness in a whole new way.
- Worshipping with the kids on the way to drop Gus off at school.
- Grocery shopping with my favorite girl.
- Fridge is full, pantry is packed.
- Good time playing feed Pooh Bear stuff with Beau. She’s so different on her own.
- Picnic lunch upstairs.
- Gus had a fun day at school making spider webs and eating spiders made from Oreos.
- It’s cold!!
- The pumpkin patch.
- Took some cute pictures of my happy, good looking kids having fun looking at all of the pumpkins.
- Got pictures at the patch, but got pumpkins at Kroger and got a much better deal.
- Had fun carving pumpkins with Josh… Gus got distracted after about 5 minutes and left until they were finished.
- The smell of pumpkin!
- Josh made dinner for us tonight and it was good!
- Beau’s sweet little face coming in the kitchen to ask me if I’ll “play puppies” with her.
- When Gus talks in spanish to me.
- Mini movie night with the kids. The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown seemed fitting.
- Quiet evening alone writing and studying.
- God gave my mother in law some great scriptures about our unborn children.
- The tiny jackets hanging from our coat rack.
- Gus was so excited about the Storm Trooper tooth brush I found him he brushed his teeth twice before bed.
- “Great God” by Desperation Band.
- 2 months til Christmas!!!!!
- Josh got to bless all of the ladies at Pink tonight by providing child care with his team… seed for my kids!
- I have a warm, cozy, peaceful home to sleep in tonight.